IGNORED

SL@VE

dudeguy

Posted (edited)

Yes still waiting! 😴 

I was just recently thinking about this too.

When was the last update, like 2 years ago?

I don't understand why they don't just release the code and be done with it. Like "hey, we can't fix it. But here's the code it anyone wants to mess around with it."

Edited by Koa Zo
  • Like 1

No, but I remember writing about it. I think people should never preorder or crowdfund a homebrew game unless it's finished (or almost). And I'm saying that because I made that mistakes at least twice, and I'm still waiting for these games (even though one of them is actually done, and I trust the other one to be finished).

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

No but I ordered a SNES game...Errr IndieGoGo deal for a game (In theory_)  to be done in 2015....Still waiting!  I could always bug the programmer if I was really worried about it...He's on AtariAge (Though I don't think he's around much :)   But I'll just be patient ;) (I kissed that $100+ Goodbye a Looonnnnggg time ago)...Hopefully they get'er done one of these days Years (all website stuff etc. says it's still being worked on,  at least last I checked)...

Edited by GoldLeader
Edited because the game was due out in 2015 not 2017 (D'OH!)

4 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

No but I ordered a SNES game...Errr IndieGoGo deal for a game (In theory_)  to be done in 2017....Still waiting!  I could always bug the programmer if I was really worried about it...He's on AtariAge (Though I don't think he's around much :)   But I'll just be patient ;) (I kissed that $100+ Goodbye a Looonnnnggg time ago)...Hopefully they get'er done one of these days Years (all website stuff etc. says it's still being worked on,  at least last I checked)...

If that's the one I'm thinking about, you know the publisher, not the programmer (I'm not even sure there's one anymore). 😰

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

If that's the one I'm thinking about, you know the publisher, not the programmer (I'm not even sure there's one anymore). 😰

Well Both actually hehe...I believe it'll be Collectorvision (Publisher) ...by John Lester (Programmer),  both on AtariAge,  but  who knows?  (Just looked it up)  It was due out in June 2015!! (Damn!  Has it really been  that long?)  I don't know if John has been on in a long while...

Edited by GoldLeader
Well, Looks like @Gamester81 hasn't been around AtariAge since 2017!! Well Fudge!

1 hour ago, roots.genoa said:

I had no idea he could program... Are you sure about that??

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQYOKGUoBYESTPOyQx7Ba6

Yeah,  I think you're right roots.

I went back to read some of the updates.  They were from John Lester,  and I always assumed a small team...He used to say "We" when referring to the work on the game (Justice Beaver-SNES),  and it was his company,  but I found one saying "The Programmer" implying it wasn't him..*sigh*  It'll be a miracle if the game ever comes out.

Anyway,  so sorry dudeguy!  I didn't mean to hijack this thread or anything.

Mine was meant to be a one-off comment,  telling you I know how ya feel....Expressing solidarity, if you will...

(And I'd have gotten away with it too,  if it wasn't for that meddling Frenchman!)   :lol:

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

I had the pleasure of meeting John Lester at a con years ago. He's as nice of a guy in person as he is in the YouTube videos.

As for the Slave, here's a link to the game's page and the release date still says "TBA"

http://www.goatstorepublishing.com/#slave

Granted it was only $20.84 I lost (probably shipping and tax as well) but still, what a bummer. I am sure that between the time I handed them my money and my typing this, there have been hundreds of games released that are Slave-like and probably much better and bug-free. and probably only cost a few dollars