IGNORED

Which Emulator?

Posted (edited)

Hi All, 

I am wondering which Emulator or Application can convert standard WIN/LINUX TXT files for use in TI Basic/EX Basic? I have a huge bundle of my own TXT typed software from old print-outs done to 80's that will need this, Regards Arto  

Edited by Artoj
  • Like 1

Thanks for all your suggestions, I went with Classic99 as I need to run parts of them as I go along, mainly because not all of the programs were finals but print outs with hand written notes. I can see how good TICodEd can be when I start writing new code, whereas TIImage tool will be very useful for many other options when I have made my final list. Most of my printed programs have no instructions so I have to start writing them as well. I will make all programs available as a complete compilation. Thanks for all the help in this endeavour, regards Arto.  

My first program (listed as version#21) was a game I wrote in XB+32k with long coded line numbers and massive amount of logical operators. I remember it well, I used variables rather than numeric values to get a better response time, but it seems to be a version that the interface was still a little slow to respond and locate my character accurately. Here are some screen shots while I have been sorting out the game. The game is called "Across the Tasman", where you have a cargo ship that travel to Tasmania from Melbourne via the Tasman Sea, you have to plug up the leaks in 6 bays and steer the ship to stay on course, while conserving the cargo value.  

AcrosPic1a.png

AcrosPic2a.png

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Artoj said:

Thanks for all your suggestions, I went with Classic99 as I need to run parts of them as I go along, mainly because not all of the programs were finals but print outs with hand written notes. I can see how good TICodEd can be when I start writing new code, whereas TIImage tool will be very useful for many other options when I have made my final list. Most of my printed programs have no instructions so I have to start writing them as well. I will make all programs available as a complete compilation. Thanks for all the help in this endeavour, regards Arto.  

My first program (listed as version#21) was a game I wrote in XB+32k with long coded line numbers and massive amount of logical operators. I remember it well, I used variables rather than numeric values to get a better response time, but it seems to be a version that the interface was still a little slow to respond and locate my character accurately. Here are some screen shots while I have been sorting out the game. The game is called "Across the Tasman", where you have a cargo ship that travel to Tasmania from Melbourne via the Tasman Sea, you have to plug up the leaks in 6 bays and steer the ship to stay on course, while conserving the cargo value.  

AcrosPic1a.png

AcrosPic2a.png

Hi Artoj, is the game uploaded to Atariage?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OX. said:

Hi Artoj, is the game uploaded to Atariage?

Sorry not yet, I have to decipher my own 35 year old code, such as - 

920 WHR=-(X=F AND PK=0 AND Z6>61)*(Y-13)-(Y=22 AND PC=0 AND PK=0 AND Z6=61)*(X+7)-(X=28 AND PC=0 AND Z6>61)*(Y+24)-(PC=O AND X=28)*35-(PK=O AND X=4)*11

As the game was an iteration of 21 versions and I think there were another 2 more final versions that were loaded on a disk that can only be accessed from the Etheric Realm in the TI99 alternate Dimension of Lost and Destroyed Software, LOL, I will make it available here at Atariage along with about 10 more Games as soon as I do more software Archaeology, regards Arto. 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, OX. said:

Artoj, the game description and your screenshots remind of the ZX Spectrum game "Worse Things Happen at Sea" :-

Wow Ox !! It might have inspired me back in 80's, who knows? There were many variations on different platforms back in the day, yes, I vaguely remember a fad was going on at the time regarding these themes. Thanks for the memory flash, I did write a lot of games, possibly 30 or 40, sadly the software has been eaten by bugs, stolen or perished and I only have water damaged and yellowed dot matrix printouts with hand written notes all over them left. I am recovering as much as I can, regards Arto.   

• Like 4