IGNORED

What system(s)/game(s) are you hooked on right now?

Room 34

I don't usually get much time to play video games (even now while I'm not working... being a parent is a full-time job!), but fortunately, watching me play video games on the big TV is a great source of entertainment for my 7-month-old son.

Right now I have the NES hooked up, and I've been playing a lot of Super Sprint, R.C. Pro-Am, and Pin-Bot. But definitely the Super Mario Bros. trilogy (mainly the first 2) are getting the most attention.

Well, the system I'm using most now is my Vic-20, since I just got it.

However, my games haven't arrived yet, so I've just been playing with the basic (and BASIC :^) system.

As for games, I also just got my Roller Controller for my Coleco(vision) Adam, and it came with Slither.

So the game I've been playing most recently is... er.. Coleco Donkey Kong.

:? :?

Don't ask me why, I played Slither abit, and it's fun, but then I popped in DK to make sure the Joystick still worked OK, and played that ALOT...

desiv

I've been hooked on the Lynx all week. Just got Hockey this week so I'm trying to figure it out. Played a little Baseball Heroes for kicks (wish I could get my hands on Relief Pitcher ;) ) and I'm always going back to Paperboy for quick fun :)

Oh, I should also confess...

Much of my video game time is on my Handspring Treo 90! I really should read at night when I am trying to go to sleep (you know, expand the mind and all of that), but I usually bring the Treo up with me and play word games on it until I doze off. Scrabble's getting the most attention lately.

(I used to play Chess on my Game Gear to fall asleep at night!)

I've been hooked on MAME lately... I haven't been playing any other PC games though, just MAME. I know it's not a console, but I've been playing it more often than any of my consoles for the last week or so.

If I have to vote for a console, I guess I'd say either the Gamecube or the Genesis.

--Zero

Yesterday, I played some of Quattro Sports and Double Dragon III. I've been on a roll the past few weeks when it comes to finding popular NES games for cheap.

I've been looking for quality time to hook up the 5200 but no luck so far. I'm always burdened with homework and other commitments. Ughh.

Well, I'm hooked on collecting for all my systems, but the system I've been playing most lately is my Genesis Nomad. The game library is awesome, it makes me wish I could also play all the good SNES games as well, but alone, it's a great system.

Sonic 2 had me hooked for a while, It's probably the best ballance of fun and ease. Though I can't get all the way to the end. I can cheat and go to the last level, but I didn't play long enough to even hurt the final bos robot. I play the game music in my head over and over and actually like it.

Comix Zone is good once in a while for a challenge.

Chamealeon Kid is a Super Mario-esque game. Pretty cool. Haven't gotten too far.

Ghouls'N Ghosts is a hard, but fun game. The music is awesome.

Shanghai II has my nostalgia nerve working overtime.

Mega Bomberman is a really cool Bomberman game. I never got into the series but it's fun for a laugh.

Flicky is good for some old-school action.

Cool Spot is a fun game.

Ristar, Ms. Pac-Man, Vectorman are all good.

Super Off-Road is a cool top down racing, but Micro Machines is addictive! And so nice looking. Better than the NES version and has beautiful graphics.

Crüe Ball is one I really enjoy. A pinball game with rock music, some Motley Crüe tunes and a cool opening movie. And the gameplay is superb pinball action.

And the best part is I have three different systems I can choose from when I want to play them.

The only time I get to play with the Genny is when I'm on the exercise bike. I'm currently playing the 7 game playoff mode in NHL '97. Flyers are in the Stanley Cup vs Vancouver.

Man! I think they turn the AI speed up in the cup finals. I only have 2 goals in 2 games :ponder: