IGNORED

Metgan's Multiball (modern pinball) - (in VCS Store)

metgangames

Hi everyone! First of all, I want to thank you all for such a positive reception that you showed for Asteroid v Claw.

As my 8th game on Atari VCS, I made a pinball game since some fellas suggested on VCS Discord.

Here is trailer:

It will be out soon, possibly in June 2024.

Edited by justclaws
adjusted title to show release
  • Like 13

Looks good! This should be a welcome edition to the Atari VCS 800 game library for sure 😀. I'll be sure to pick it up as soon as it releases. I've actually been in the mood for a pinball game lately and have been playing this weird Judge Dredd pinball game i picked up for my retro gaming PC quite a bit lately so I'm  looking forward to your game releasing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

Looks good! This should be a welcome edition to the Atari VCS 800 game library for sure 😀. I'll be sure to pick it up as soon as it releases. I've actually been in the mood for a pinball game lately and have been playing this weird Judge Dredd pinball game i picked up for my retro gaming PC quite a bit lately so I'm  looking forward to your game releasing.

Thanks, I hope it’ll be a good scratcher to this itch 🙌

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Mockduck said:

Very cool, looking forward to checking it out!

Thanks Misterrr

8 hours ago, RollOut said:

Very awesome, @metgangames. I'll be looking forward to this one. 

Also, Asteroid v Claw is a very cool "pick up and play" type game that makes great use of the classic. It deserves the positive reception. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, man. Asteroid v Claw is kinda improved version of BasketBoom concept. Hopefully that concept will get only better from that point

I never once thought to myself "the VCS really needs a pinball game", but after seeing this I'm eagerly awaiting its release. Really looking forward to it!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sauron said:

I never once thought to myself "the VCS really needs a pinball game", but after seeing this I'm eagerly awaiting its release. Really looking forward to it!

I hope it can live up to expectations 🤭

18 hours ago, swlovinist said:

Looking great and I am thankful that you are offering this on the VCS.  

And I am really grateful for all these positivity and support. It’s something I was craving in my mobile dev days. 

7 hours ago, PowerDubs said:

That looks fantastic.  First day buy.  Thanks for making it.

I'll share the news for you.

Thank you, hopefully gonna worth it

4 hours ago, THX-1138 said:

I wish Atari had made a good pinball game instead of that Yars one.

This looks great though.

Maybe they will, after seeing how good people receive even news about a pinball game. Maybe not, but a reason to hope 🙌

On 6/18/2024 at 2:34 AM, scifidude79 said:

This looks fantastic. I love pinball and I'm excited to see a pinball game coming to the VCS. The tables look like a lot of fun and the sound effects sound great.

Thanks and sorry for forgetting to reply.

Also-----

It's coming out tomorrow (21st June 2024 Friday) on VCS Store ^^

• Like 5

Instant purchase for me, no regrets. I rated it 5 stars. Given that I own numerous video pinball games, 3 tables for $9.99 (USD) isn't bad at all. Plus, it's fun and that's what matters.

Though, on a weird note, I was noticing some serious input lag with the Atari modern controller. I wasn't sure if it was the game or the controller, so I grabbed a wired XBOX controller, plugged that in and the lag went away. So, I'm happy to note that it wasn't the game's fault. :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

I'll be purchasing this as soon as i get on the VCS in a few hours! I'm looking forward to playing some pinball 🙂

Gameplay feel is very solid, so I hope you'll like it.

2 hours ago, scifidude79 said:

Instant purchase for me, no regrets. I rated it 5 stars. Given that I own numerous video pinball games, 3 tables for $9.99 (USD) isn't bad at all. Plus, it's fun and that's what matters.

Though, on a weird note, I was noticing some serious input lag with the Atari modern controller. I wasn't sure if it was the game or the controller, so I grabbed a wired XBOX controller, plugged that in and the lag went away. So, I'm happy to note that it wasn't the game's fault. :)

I will add 2 more tables with National Pinball Day update but for now, yes, it has 3 tables. I'm glad there is no regrets. About lag issue, I assume it might be related to distance, now that I think of. Because it happened when I try Doodle Taxi and in wireless mode, modern controller went nuts when i was somewhat away. But when i got closer, lag had disappeared. So, not sure what causes this but yes, it is not related to game it seems

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, metgangames said:

About lag issue, I assume it might be related to distance, now that I think of. Because it happened when I try Doodle Taxi and in wireless mode, modern controller went nuts when i was somewhat away. But when i got closer, lag had disappeared. So, not sure what causes this but yes, it is not related to game it seems

That actually makes it worse, as I was only about 5 feet away from the unit. I'm assuming it's just a piece of crap. (the controller, not the VCS) I've had mixed results with PowerA controllers for XBOX before, and that's who makes the controllers for the VCS. Sometimes, my controller even goes loopy and starts scrolling through things on its own. I've reset the controller, done firmware updates and everything. Luckily, they engineered the VCS to work with a variety of controllers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, scifidude79 said:

That actually makes it worse, as I was only about 5 feet away from the unit. I'm assuming it's just a piece of crap. (the controller, not the VCS) I've had mixed results with PowerA controllers for XBOX before, and that's who makes the controllers for the VCS. Sometimes, my controller even goes loopy and starts scrolling through things on its own. I've reset the controller, done firmware updates and everything. Luckily, they engineered the VCS to work with a variety of controllers.

Ah! Yeah, it is most likely a small issue with Atari Modern Controller but it is still pretty decent one. Of course, Xbox controller has much more weight and I like to hold it more but gotta consider that VCS is a crowfunded project. So even that much is really impressive

Just now, metgangames said:

Ah! Yeah, it is most likely a small issue with Atari Modern Controller but it is still pretty decent one. Of course, Xbox controller has much more weight and I like to hold it more but gotta consider that VCS is a crowfunded project. So even that much is really impressive

I'm not crapping on the VCS. I just have issues with my controller, but it happens. I've had it happen with XBOX and Playstation controllers too.Though, one thing that sets the VCS ahead of the other game consoles is that you can use most controllers that are PC compatible. I have plenty of wired XBOX controllers because I game on PC a lot.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, scifidude79 said:

I'm not crapping on the VCS. I just have issues with my controller, but it happens. I've had it happen with XBOX and Playstation controllers too.Though, one thing that sets the VCS ahead of the other game consoles is that you can use most controllers that are PC compatible. I have plenty of wired XBOX controllers because I game on PC a lot.

I didn't mean like you do, I was just thinking outloud :)

I've not experienced any lag with my Atari VCS 800 modern controller in wireless mode recently. I've had lag with it before though, back in the very early days of 2021 but it's behaved well ever since after a few updates. It can be slow to connect sometimes though! Anyway great pinball game, certainly worth the money! I'm loving the theme of the tables, such a cool idea to do them after your own games 🙂

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Atari_JaguarVCS said:

I've not experienced any lag with my Atari VCS 800 modern controller in wireless mode recently. I've had lag with it before though, back in the very early days of 2021 but it's behaved well ever since after a few updates. It can be slow to connect sometimes though! Anyway great pinball game, certainly worth the money! I'm loving the theme of the tables, such a cool idea to do them after your own games 🙂

Yeah, the controller thing is just one of those things where experiences will vary. I'm just glad it's the controller and not the game. I have plenty of controllers. I bought my VCS without controllers, so I tested a lot of controllers with it and I used wired XBOX controllers on it before I bought the official Atari ones, so I know what works on it. :)

I agree about the tables, modeling them after your other games is cool. So far, I've had my highest score on the Path to the Princess table.

Edited by scifidude79
  • Like 2

I'm hearing a lot of people are experiencing lag with the actual game over on Discord both using the Atari VCS 800 modern controller and some 3rd party controllers which is very strange and pointing towards a possible issue with the game. I've not experienced any lag at all with this game, id certainly notice with something like pinball. I hope the issue gets resolved for people suffering with lag. I have the game running on a Atari VCS 800 that's been maxed out with 32GB ram and the game is installed on a internal m.2 ssd in the system, will need to dig out a stock system and see if the lag happens. 

• Like 2