IGNORED

Announcing New Moderator

Starting Season 16 our new Moderator will be....

ZilchSr

ZilchSr will be in charge of a Start Date and any rule changes for Season 16.

It was an Homor to be the Moderator of the Atari 2600 HSC for 12 Seasons.

It is the system that Atari enthusiast play the most. It is the system that brings back so many great memories.

I wish him all the best of luck!

I can't wait until we start Season 16!

Edited by Vocelli
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 11

Again I would like to say thank you for all you've done Vocelli for moderating the HSC over all these years.

I couldn't think of a better succesor on here than ZilchSr. A person that I've admired by his meticulous gameplay, which I'm sure will be reflected on him organizing this competition.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

A big thank you to @Vocelli !

I've only been here since season 12 and you've always been the big, reliable component here. All information and times were always up to date so that there could be good competition. I can imagine how much effort and time this type of qualitative moderation requires - reading that you're quitting was a surprise at first. all the best for your private travels & thanks again!!

and welcome @ZilchSr I'm excited to see what changes will come when such a top player takes over the moderation. Have a good start and congratulations on your new position!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Congrats, @ZilchSr Mr. Zilch, Sr!  Although I've only known you here in the HSC for a short time this year, I am totally impressed with your overall approach to the HSC (here and at Lvlupscore) and I couldn't feel more comfortable with the choice of any other person but you to be the new moderator.  

And although I've only known you here also for a short time this year, thank you @Vocelli Mr. Vocelli for always being our "humble yet strict" moderator!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thank you @Vocelli for making the HSC fun and competitive.  I'm relatively new to playing the HSC (this was my 4th season), and I've really appreciated the opportunity to try out some games I would have not bothered with and play them competitively.  There has consistently been a good balance of games that are popular and enjoyed by many as well as games that are less common, including a few "bad" games that maybe needed to be given another chance.

I especially appreciate that @Vocelli listened to player feedback and consistently made changes for the better.  I know I offered him more than my fair share of suggestions.  Although many of my ideas were never implemented (for good reason), he consistently listened with an open mind in situations where I could have easily been ignored.  Of particular note, the post-season format he implemented with the three strikes and allowing the top players to pick the games are a vast improvement over the older bracket format where games were chosen randomly.  This change has made the post season very competitive, and in many cases, has led to the best players pushing certain games to limits rarely achieved.

Thank you to @ZilchSr for taking over the moderator position.  I look forward to participating in future HSCs under your lead.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Thanks @Vocelli for your efforts leading the HSC for so many seasons.    Really well run and organized.  Also appreciate your efforts to keep things as fair as possible and seeing your appreciation for Atari.  I found the HSC during the pandemic (season 10) and reinvigorated my return to Atari playing (both 2600 and computer) after decades of not.

Congrats @ZilchSr!  While following in our previous moderator's foot steps is a tough act to follow I am sure you will bring your take on running HSC that will further improve it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/20/2024 at 10:17 AM, Crazy Climber said:

Congrats! :) 

When does the new season start? I'm going to try and make a better effort this time (I didn't play ONCE last season!!!!)

*posting from an Atari VCS computer

Historically, there has been about a 4-month break in between seasons ... If we continue with that tradition, we should be starting sometime in or around November-ish.

• Like 2

Congratulations to all participants! The new season will start sometime between late October and early November.

I will post and pin the notice once some AtariAge back-end processes are complete, and the exact date is determined!

If you have not participated in the HSC in the past 5 years and want to be notified of the details of next season when they are finalized, send me a quick PM with the subject "ADD".

If you *have* participated in the HSC at any time since January 2019, you are automatically on the notification list, but feel free to drop me a PM anyway!

See you all in about 2 to 3 months!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2