IGNORED

PCUAE for Atari Gamestation Pro

I thought it was about time I gave it its own thread, PCUAE on AGSP is getting there, not sure when it will be released yet but we are working on it, it now boots in AGSP and loads most of PCUAE's Modes.
I made it so you can run the AGSP games inside AGSP GUI via the PCUAE USB Drive so it overmounts its SD Card with the USB Drive so the GUI thinks its the SD Card it reading, PCUAE does have a setting in it to load games from the SD Card too if you want too, I did this way because I find it awkward removing the SD Card and getting it back in(has no dip in the case so you can push against the SD Card to getting in properly so taken it out and putting it back in all the time, and ejecting it all the time could mess up it spring and then might have a problem get a SD card into the AGSP at all, so its easier to remove the PCUAE USB Drive then the SD Card, all your removing is a USB cable instead.

If we could get the network working on it then you might be able to use ftp and transfer games to it that way but its getting the right modules for the network that supports it Kernel 4.4.194, PCUAE Network Mode does work on the Atari2600 Plus so you have internet access on it but it has the same kernel as THEC64, kernel 3.4.39 thats why it works, it even uses the same NAND as THEC64 Mini but that's because its made by PLAION.

I hacked the game binary yesterday so I could higher the volume level of the music in the background, it was a bit low, its ffplay command is inside it so changed it from -volume 25 to -volume 35 as a test, it worked... :) 
I could now make different game binaries so you can changed the volume level of the music in the background so get to load the right game binary if pick vol - 25%, 50%, 75%, 100% so
-volume 25,-volume 50, -volume 75, -volume 100.

Any more info on PCUAE AGSP I post here now.

Enjoy your day... :)

• Like 1

Changed the `PCUAE-AGSP-Games-Menu` folder now so its grouped by system (Atari_7800, Atari_800XL, Intellivision) and each game is in its own folder with the same name as the game rom, it has a `Bios` folder so you can copy them to each game folder so like game folder `Donkey-Kong` for the Atari 800, I added txt files in there to help you too... :) I like the games organized ... :)

The `agsp_games_database.db` now replaces the `games.db` file when PCUAE runs the GUI.

Posted (edited)

Is there a way of changing the games is the database to NTSC/PAL...?

I added Donkey Kong for Atari800 and its running to fast so like its on NTSC not PAL.

Edited by Spanner

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

I can not do any more work on PCUAE at the moment, my parter is in hospital with Pneumonia  and they do not know what the infection is so she has been put into a inducted Coma and do not know if she will pull though it or not, complication with her COPD and Pneumonia that the NHS doctors can not identify ... :(

They are giving her Antibiotics but they working very slow on the infection in her lungs, its so weird.
Sorry.
DO NOT START SMOKING, YOU WILL END UP GETTING COPD AND HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS LATER IN LIFE, SHES ONLY 58.

Edited by Spanner

PCUAE v4.4.1 Updates Thread | thec64community

I got everything working by downloading the 4all edition (4GB) v4.1.1 and the 4100 update on the above link.

I wrote to both SD and USB including the update.

Works perfectly including running Atari 800 games (Pac-man and Donkey Kong under 5200).

The documentation says it can run on just the SD, but I could not get it to work.