IGNORED

Sega CD/32X hybrid games question..

Jasoco

Allright. Apparently, there were a few games that were released for the Sega CD. Then there were ones that were re-released again to take advantage of the 32X.

Now, my question to you is, what kind of significant changes did the 32X Enhanced versions have over the originals?

Like games like Corpse Killer, Night Trap... whatever else there was.

The main addition was better color I believe. One of the Genesis' main deficiencies was that it could only display something like 56 colors at once. Platform games look fine like that, but FMV looks terrible. The 32X has much better color capabilities, so these re-releases take advantage of that.

--Zero

56 of 512 I believe. A very small number compared to the SNES's beautiful range of colors.

How were these game releases staged timeline-wise? How much time passed between releasing the CD only version and the 32X version? And did the 32X versions have carts to use? Or was it just taking advantage of the processing and display?

56 of 512 I believe. A very small number compared to the SNES's beautiful range of colors.

The Genesis hardware could be abused to force more colors out, BTW.

Most FMV games were pushing 80 colors. Still inadequate for live-action FMV, but they tried.

Eternal Champions pushed it to the max, with(I think) 256 colors onscreen.

Still far less than the SNES' max(officially 256 out of 32, 000-ish, though all 32k colors can be put on screen at once with a little tweaking)