IGNORED

"I Am In Talks With Atari" - Howard Scott Warshaw Gives Update On His Yars' Revenge Sequel

PowerDubs

Nice! Looking forward.

I hope Yars Rising is an enough of a success to justify a proper Yars 2 release.

It would be cool if HSW could develop it alongside Llamasoft, or maybe Digital Eclipse. Both studios seem to know what's up.

Also, it could've been fun if HSW developed an E.T. "spiritual successor"/remake that is more in line with his original vision for the game.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Zeptari said:

I just finished his book "Once Upon Atari" this past weekend. And after I finished it was thinking I'd love to see some new games from him on the 2600 and modern hardware. 

Does he mention any other game concepts he wanted to do besides Yars 2 in his book?

Atari recently released a definitive version of Akka Arrh, and not to mention all the prototypes released included in Atari 50.

It would've been cool if Atari brought him on board and let him do whatever he wants basically.

At one point, i think that he said that he had a concept that he wanted to develop, but that he was not planning on developing it for the 2600.

Despite this, he thought that it could *port* to the 2600.

So I would love to see his idea and what it would look like on the 2600, if he gives someone his blessing to develop it for that.

You know what would be awesome? 
Yars’ Revenge for Atari Lynx. 
I think the handheld system has the power capability. I put this suggestion to HSW a year or so back and he said that’s up to Atari. Songbird Games, you made Centipede for Lynx happen. Are you listening? 😊 

Edited by Hawkangel