IGNORED

BJL Mystery continues!

Htbaa

Hi Htbaa,

Since it is already many months ago (march 2003 I think) I can't remember what I exactly sent you (unlike many others I have the bad habit to delete sent e-mail what I deem obsolete :) ). But according to what you wrote in this topic I suspect that I've sent you a 512Kb flashrom (29F040). When used you can have 4 banks of 128Kb. The two upper address lines (A17 (pin 30) & A18 (pin 1)) select with of the banks to use. Since on a Jaguar pin 1 & 30 are by default connected to Vcc, the fourth bank is selected if you just put the flash in without alterations to the motherboard. I probably programed BJL in the fourth bank so you should get BJL when you just plug in the rom.

If the original rom doesn't work either, make sure that all pins are soldered good (make good contact and don't short circuit with another contact) and that no traces are broken (If you heat a contact to much the trace may come loose). Use a multi meter to check this.

Robert

I've tried to check with a multimeter and I remember some stuff got loose, that's why I asked if the Vcc was connected with some others, and it was. But I don't have some picture of the correct circuit or whatsoever.

But I should desolder the socket and do it all over again. Question is if I have time for it :P. Maybe tommorow or something like that :P.