IGNORED

Evercade Maker Blaze Is Releasing New Atari Super Pocket Consoles This Year

PowerDubs

1 hour ago, PowerDubs said:

This is pretty cool.  The game list has a good mix of titles.  It's nice to see 5200 games in there.  Also, the woodgrain model looks great.  

• Like 2

I ordered instantly because of the game list. That,and well....the woodgrain look is cool!

But back to the gamelist.

Not only are most of the Atari games the arcade version and some Lynx games are included, but the incredibly rare and completely amazing sequel to Miner 2049er,Bounty Bob Strikes Back! Is included on it.

It may be the hardest to acquire 5200 game,it has 25 unique levels (here's hoping there is a level select mode included) and is just an all around great game.

Awesome pickup for me at least!👍😃

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

I ordered instantly because of the game list. That,and well....the woodgrain look is cool!

But back to the gamelist.

Not only are most of the Atari games the arcade version and some Lynx games are included, but the incredibly rare and completely amazing sequel to Miner 2049er,Bounty Bob Strikes Back! Is included on it.

It may be the hardest to acquire 5200 game,it has 25 unique levels (here's hoping there is a level select mode included) and is just an all around great game.

Awesome pickup for me at least!👍😃

Same here and I like the woodgrain design.  I never had one of the super pockets before.  This special edition one is unique.  So I decided to buy it because not many will be made.  Also, it's nice that the handheld can play the Evercade carts too.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, cvga said:

I just ordered. You can still get the woodgrain, just not with the protector case. 

Well,  I'll be a monkey's uncle!  This time it worked!!

Thanks are in order!

Good Job cvga!

Either this time I was on the American site and last time it was the British site or vice versa!   Who knows anymore?  My order showed Pounds not dollars but I don't know...**sigh**

Waitaminute!  Now I kinda also want a red one....NOOOOO!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I love the woodgrain and don’t mean to be picky but wish it had orange buttons. 
The Atari Retro handheld by Blaze (pictured) for me was the yardstick of the look and feel of an Atari handheld. Although the speaker sound was terrible and it had a screen small, I think they nailed it. 
Ah well, hopefully the (if it ever happens) rumoured 2600+ cartridge handheld will look like this. 

IMG_7459.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hawkangel said:

Although the speaker sound was terrible and it had a screen small, I think they nailed it. 

IMG_7459.jpeg

May I point out that it does not have difficulty switches? Beyond the fact that the emulation was subpar and usually absolutely useless for 7800, the lack of difficulty switches ruins this as a way to play 2600 and some 7800 games.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

May I point out that it does not have difficulty switches? Beyond the fact that the emulation was subpar and usually absolutely useless for 7800, the lack of difficulty switches ruins this as a way to play 2600 and some 7800 games.

I think they added the switches in the software emulation.  I posted a comment on their Instagram about the problem a few months ago and they responded that they had been added.

Heh, I sleep during the day (work nightshift) so it released, and sold out while I was sleeping. Oh well, not like I need another handheld. Still, would have loved a wood grain superpocket. I'd probably buy one if I ever come across one.

I'll probably pass on the Atari 50 units, I've already got all the evercade Atari carts, as well as several ways to play atari 50 collections in various other ways.

Hopefully they make an Atari 50 cart or three, depending on how much Atari dips into recent acquisitions, they could easily release half a dozen or so carts.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2024 at 7:52 AM, Atari_Warlord said:

I think they added the switches in the software emulation.  I posted a comment on their Instagram about the problem a few months ago and they responded that they had been added.

I mean the old Blaze handheld, not the Evercade. The Evercade always supported difficulty switches but the original unit did not let you set difficulty back to B after switching it to A with L1/R1.

18 hours ago, Video said:

Heh, I sleep during the day (work nightshift) so it released, and sold out while I was sleeping. Oh well, not like I need another handheld. Still, would have loved a wood grain superpocket. I'd probably buy one if I ever come across one.

Allegedly there are still non-Funstock distributors in the US and Poland (?) who are going to have some but they will go fast. They lasted more than 24 hours. (Barely)

• Like 1