IGNORED

South East Game Exchange 2024 July 6th and July 7th Greenville, SC

Scooter83

Posted (edited)

Who's ready for Southeast Game Exchange this weekend??

If you're going this year I hope to see you at my panel on Sunday July 7th at 11am, talking about collecting for the Atari home computer system. Alot of good information for the beginner gamer / collector and insight into my journey and experiences along the way.

If you do go this year feel free to post here what cool items you picked up at the convention. I would love to see what neat finds you all came away with. 

Edited by Scooter83
  • Like 1

I’m going probably won’t be buying much. Hope your talk goes well.

PRGE probably has all their guests already planned, they are adding retro computers to their mix this year. Not sure if going to OR is something you would do. Maybe if it works out they will look for more 8 bit speakers. Scott Adam’s will be speaking this year. 

Im hoping it will go well. It's my first ever public speaking event. We will see how it goes. I'm glad to have this opportunity to do it, I just hope my nerves will calm and I can just knock it out of the park.  This is for sure going to be a learning experience and I hope those who attend it will find it interesting and can learn about this less popular area of gaming. 

Will do. Last year there was no Atari Home Computer items for sale, but this year I'm hoping it will be better. I think the coolest pre NES item I saw in 2023 at the show was a complete in box Magnavox Odyssey system. I also think my wife is planning on recording the panel I'm going to be doing. Since its my first ever public speaking event ( especially in front of a group bigger than 15 people ) I may or may not upload it to YouTube. Knowing how self-conscious I already am about this I'm not sure I'll be comfortable with that. Stay tuned....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I went today.  1st time going to a expo/convention on video games.

It was about what I was expecting with options to play, the panel speakers, and local and non local vendors.

There was A LOT of people. I was most impressed with the turnout at Sat. 10am and the population was very young to the Pong/Pinball guys.😄

Not a lot of Atari 2600...  It seems even in a classic gaming convention pre NES is also in the dusty cardboard box under the curtain tables... 😑

I did find one vendor that had a couple of boxes and picked up:

Hunt & Score

Stellar Track (Pic label)

Minature golf

Coconuts (grip case)

Now, who bought Stadium Events? Saw it under lock and key with a "pending" note on it.

14 minutes ago, evg2000 said:

@DeusVult i saw at least 8 tables with atari 2600. at least one with 8bit and 5200. at least a couple with intellivision stuff. good deal on intv at one table $60 with a plastic storage box. 

I saw maybe 2 vendors that had more than a box or 2.  One was selling a lot for $1. The others that did seem to be a small pile of less than 20. Though I am ignoring any consoles or boxed versions.  Either way, certainly more than I ever see in flea markets or the local stores.  I had fun.

I did see a lot of Intellivision too and that one for $60!  Not my system but if it was I would have got it.  There was some Colecovision and I saw one lonely Odyssey 2 cart.

• Like 1

One dealer had a box of C64 carts and a box of Atari HCS carts which if I recall last year he didn't bring cause he felt no one was going to be interested in them. Im glad this year he brought them cause I picked up 2 of the games.  I saw a bin under another vendor's table today that said 2 for $1 on atari carts ( which had INTV A2600 and Odyssey 2 carts in there. ( maybe the same guy who had 1.00 carts on the bin maybe). 

Its getting harder to find pre NES games at conventions ( once you get past Atari 2600 colecovision and intellivision).  Saturday Day 1 I got a NES system Deluxe box with 1 piece of foam in it for 20.00  I dont think the seller knew the foam was in the box. Another vendor had the same box worn more and was asking $100 for it all day long ( never sold on sunday ). But plenty of interesting items forsale.