IGNORED

Classic Joystick rotation question.

OscarGungan

A popular question.  Rotation on those isn't very smooth.  Maybe it just needs a little lubrication.  You could Hawk Tuah, spit on that thang!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, OscarGungan said:

I was wondering if anyone had any luck making the stick on the classic controller rotate a bit more smoothly. Definitely don’t want to mess it up. 

I think Podan made a pretty good video on YouTube on how to dissassemble the classic controller and lubricate the spinner.

• Thanks 1

My Classic Joystick that came bundled with my collectors edition over 3 1/2 years ago is still working perfectly fine in terms of rotation etc. That thing has been getting used every single day for hours and hours and just keeps going. Sure the Classic Joystick isn't super amazing in terms of build quality, it's good but not great but I've never felt the need to open it up to lubricate it and do any maintenance, it's not like its even that old yet to the point where anything would need to be done. I think over all the rotation is going to be how well the game your playing is dialled in for it tbh and making sure the firmware of the Joystick is up to date and the Bluetooth connection is good as things can get a bit jittery rotary wise on the VCS with the controllers especially if the connection bad, that's why people mainly go wired with it. 

• Thanks 1