IGNORED

New versions Ti99Dir 10.2a and Ti99Hdx 11.1a

15 hours ago, F.G. Kaal said:

Do you really need this?

Maybe esoteric, but I see a practical use in running more than one HDX instance: serving more than one TI system, for instance one over RS-232 and one over Bluetooth.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Maybe esoteric, but I see a practical use in running more than one HDX instance: serving more than one TI system, for instance one over RS-232 and one over Bluetooth.

I am the same way, since I have 3 ti99 systems.

On 7/30/2024 at 6:15 AM, F.G. Kaal said:

The default path is reset to the root of the TI99 files directory of the Ti99Hdx server after:

1) Powerup

2) When another TI99 files directory is selected

3) When a reset message is received

Hi @F.G. Kaal, the change works on my system.  the default HDX1 path worked without the need for >97.  Of course, it is still good practice for programmers to set the path to a known state before calling a level 2 routine. :)

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, OLD CS1 said:

@Gary from OPA

@OLD CS1

I got a brainwave yesterday evening for a simple solution for your wishes 🙂

I have added two command line options for the Ti99Hdx server:

-S-                               for disabling the splash screen

-I identification              for adding an identification for the instance of the Ti99Hdx server you're about to start

This identification is used for creating an internal MAP file in which the window handle is stored and it is appended to the default configuration file so that if more than one instance of the Ti99Hdx server is started these can all have their own configuration file and TI99 file paths and COM-ports. If an attempt is made to start a new instance of the Ti99Hdx server and an instance if the Ti99Hdx server with the same identification is already active then this previous instance is brought to the foreground and the new instance will be ended.

The program identification may consists of characters a-z, A-Z, 0-9 and symbols. Symbols that are not allowed to be used in file names are replaced by the underscore ('_') character. These symbols are \ / : * ? " < > | and . ^ '

It is allowed that all instances use the same paths to the Ti99 files and Disks but it is not allowed that a COM-port is used by more than one Ti99Hdx servers.

Just create different shortcuts for the number of Ti99Hdx servers you like to start (or use your favorite tool for this like TotalCommander er whatever)

Target   : x:\pathname to ti99hdx\Ti99hdx.exe [-S-] [-I identification]

Start in : x:\pathname to ti99hdx\

In which x: is the drive letter of the path were Ti99Hdx.exe resides.

Examples:

Ti99Hdx.exe                      the classic methode, config file is Ti99Hdx.ini

Ti99Hdx.exe -S-                no splash screen

Ti99Hdx.exe -I TI99/4A      id is TI99_4A, config file is Ti99Hdx_TI99_4A.ini

Ti99Hdx.exe -I Geneve       id is Geneve, config file is Ti99Hdx_Geneve.ini

etc.

ti99hdx113a.zip

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2