2600:

Beamrider

Phoenix

Enduro

7800:

Food Fight

Centipede (for cooperative play)

One-on-One (for nostalgia reasons)

I still have to get Beamrider and I never thought about cooperative play for Centipede! That sounds lik fun!

• Like 1

Beamrider is so good, especially in the later sectors when it's fast and furious and you get into "the zone". You'll love it when you hit a mother ship at the end of a sector for a big bonus and hate it when you accidentally "fry" one of your extra lives that is riding down a beam (I love that you have to "save" ships that ride down a beam about once per sector to earn an extra life). There's so much packed into the game and the pace that it increases the difficulty is about perfect. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

And for the 7800

FIGHT NIGHT

I'll give those a try. Most people dislike Fight Night 7800, maybe the same people that dislike the 7800 pro-line controller?

I love the pro-line controller and being in the minority I will definitely give Fight Night a go! 💪🏻 👊🏻

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Major Havoc 2049 said:

Midnight Mutants is really cool.  Think of it as an 8-bit survival horror game.

i'd also reccomend alien brigade

Its not Survival Horror at all, its an operation wolf styled game.

But the (for its time) Mature presentation and Alien Horror story elements possibly make it an early and very great Action Horror game evoking lots of splatter and sci-fi horror movie elements, it's a game that feels like something that wouldn't be seen until the Genesis or PSX/Jaguar eras, which is really unique.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Maztr_0n said:

i'd also reccomend alien brigade

Its not Survival Horror at all, its an operation wolf styled game.

But the (for its time) Mature presentation and Alien Horror story elements possibly make it an early and very great Action Horror game evoking lots of splatter and sci-fi horror movie elements, it's a game that feels like something that wouldn't be seen until the Genesis or PSX/Jaguar eras, which is really unique.

I don't own this one. Extremely pricey! I play it on the Atari evercade collection. Maybe one for an Atari re-release? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, shane857 said:

I don't own this one. Extremely pricey! I play it on the Atari evercade collection. Maybe one for an Atari re-release? 

Absolutely

I cannot wait to see what ESRB Rating it gets, it's a really cool early mature title.

• Like 2

On 8/13/2024 at 2:46 PM, MrChickenz said:

Dolphin is one I still don’t have in my collection but it’s been on my list for quite some time. I actually don’t have any of these.

Be careful with Nexar. There's at least one version that doesn't dump right so far. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...