IGNORED

Intellivision 25

RMila75

I'm considering buying the Intv. 25 game "system". I've read the reviews at Amazon and I'm not too encouraged by what I see.

Has anyone played it and can it really be that bad? I have never owned an Intv. system so I have nothing to compare it to. If the games are playable it's probably good enough for me since I'm not much of a purist.

I'm a big INTV fan and was really looking forward to owning and playing the handheld. Bought mine at CGE and when I got home I was VERY disappointed. Gameplay changed on many of the games, NO music at all, and many games were even missing the sound effects. Things such as Shark Shark without the end song or Nightstalker without the heartbeat style "thump...thump...thump...thump" sound as you ran thru the maze took away alot of the fun of the games for me.

Others might think its okay but for me it was a big disappointment and letdown.

Mendon

are the two-player games totally playable with one player only?

That would seem like a bit of a bonus as opposed to the Playstation Intv classics disc. I read that the two-player games on that one still require two players.

I have not played a single INTV game so I would not miss the music or some of the effects.

are the two-player games totally playable with one player only?

That would seem like a bit of a bonus as opposed to the Playstation Intv classics disc.  I read that the two-player games on that one still require two players.  

I have not played a single INTV game so I would not miss the music or some of the effects.

I have the 10 system, and I can say that they are 1-player. For example, Football is the later 1-player Super Pro Football.

Sound and animation was a big disappointment, but at least everything moves pretty smoothly.

Well, I bought one of these this week. Some games are just fine, others are almost unplayable (football seems to let the computer player pass the ball, you can only run), and Vectron is totally unplayable. Space Hawk seems to run in super-fast motion. This is a lot like playing some emulated games on a PC that are just not quite compatible with the emulator program. They should not have been released in this condition.

I only wish they were releasing the Intellivision Lives disc for the Gamecube!

This is a lot like playing some emulated games on a PC that are just not quite compatible with the emulator program.

You guys know what the Intellivision 25 is right? It's an NES. Yes as in the Nintendo Entertainment System :lol: Well more accurately it's an embedded NES clone on a chip. But the point is, it's pretty much NES hardware. The intellivision games were simply ported to it. It's not an emulator at all! But rather all new programs written to look like their Intellivision originals. Matter o' fact I believe I heard it may be possible to extract the roms from it and run them on your favorite NES/Famicom emulator :roll:

The sad thing is they didn't even try to get it right.. it's totally half assed.

You guys know what the Intellivision 25 is right? It's an NES

Well, I knew that, and I don't have a problem with playing NES adaptations of those games, but geez, could they at least confirm that the games run properly before they accept our money for the thing? :roll:

How does the old PS Intellivision Classics compare to this mess? Are the games fairly accurate and playable? I may have to get that one if I can find it.