IGNORED

Disk image not working vis TFNS but does from SD card

I have been creating disk images of slideshows to play on my stock 800 during my vinyl streams. I am finding that the disks are garbled or corrupt (they start, but then begin to fail) if loading from my local TFNS server. But if I transfer the disk image to my micro-SD card and load it from the FujiNet it plays fine. Any ideas?

permissions and read/write mountings are normal culprits of this kind of behavior. please mount as read only, and then as write enabled. see if either makes a difference. make sure your network is clean as stalled packets and propagation delays due to noise and traffic can interfere. make sure to try all of those with and without basic etc. for whatever titles aren't working.

when you say transfer, are you using the copy from TNFS to SD function and that works?

what version of the server are you using, any debug output etc for the fujinet guys to look at?

Edited by _The Doctor__

Yup, it will help immensely to know what version of the firmware you're running. 

The firmware work done during May and June to move TNFS to TCP has drastically improved network reliability on really spotty networks.

-Thom

7 minutes ago, IndyJones1023 said:

Okay, so I found the FujiNet flasher web page (https://fujinet.online/flasher/) and there's a drop down box for Atari 8 Bit Firmware Version. Which version do I select? Or how can I find out which version my stock 800 has? I have searched the net and I think the word "firmware" finds too many non-Atari results.

Select the latest version. This is what gets flashed onto your device.

-Thom

Well, my worst fears have come true.

I flashed my FujiNet and everything worked, at least according to the success message on screen.

I unplugged it, put the SD card back in the slot, inserted the device into my 800, and I get the memo pad.

In the past, I would hold down Option and Start upon power up, then when the FujiNet got power and one of the lights lit up, I would press System Reset and it would reboot into the FujiNet.

Now, as soon as I power on the 800, all the lights on the FujiNet light up. When I repeat the procedure it goes into memo pad.

Any advice?

I'd say make sure you have a fast enough SD card and that the config is set up and saved on it so that is comes up quickly and to the screen you wish.

A couple of times I remotely entered a persons problem FN only to find they had it set to mount all etc instead of loading the config program etc.

Maybe show your web config page and provide the normal requested infos

Edited by _The Doctor__

18 minutes ago, IndyJones1023 said:

Well, my worst fears have come true.

I flashed my FujiNet and everything worked, at least according to the success message on screen.

I unplugged it, put the SD card back in the slot, inserted the device into my 800, and I get the memo pad.

In the past, I would hold down Option and Start upon power up, then when the FujiNet got power and one of the lights lit up, I would press System Reset and it would reboot into the FujiNet.

Now, as soon as I power on the 800, all the lights on the FujiNet light up. When I repeat the procedure it goes into memo pad.

Any advice?

First, understand that it isn't possible to brick a FujiNet, at all.

Next, the best thing you can do in situations like this is attach your FujiNet to a PC running the FujiNet flasher. Once it's loaded, press the Debug Monitor button, which will show all of the debugging information that the FujiNet is outputting. You can paste it here, and we help you debug what is happening.

You can get the desktop flasher here for your given platform:

https://github.com/FujiNetWIFI/fujinet-flasher/releases/tag/v1.4.2

-Thom

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2024 at 9:47 AM, IndyJones1023 said:

Okay, I redid it with the app and now everything is copacetic! Thanks, all!

Yep, I had the same result with the Online flashing tool.  Said it worked, but my Fujinet wouldn't work on my Atari after that.
Had to use the desktop flasher tool, but that worked great.  

Edited by desiv
  • Like 1