IGNORED

Replacement part for Jaguar Controller

doctor_shred

I still have my original grey button Jag Pad that came with my console in 1996. The d pad and A, B, C buttons work fine but virtually all the other buttons have failed.

Is there a source of replacement internal parts for these controllers? 

Thanks

Songbird appear to be out of stock of controllers at the moment. 

Unfortunately here in the UK Jag controllers are getting expensive, even for used items. I'm hoping to repair rather than replace. 

I do have a working controller as well, I just hope to resurrect my original. 

11 hours ago, doctor_shred said:

I think the contacts have worn away after decades of playing AVP and Doom 😆

I cannot remember of the Jaguar controller uses them but I would think it must as it a fairly standard way of doing things but it is likely that the conductive pads have worn away.

If that is the cause of the issue then...

1. It may be that he life can be extended a little by rotating the rubber pad through 90 or 180 degree as you may be putting pressure more on one side than the other causing uneven wear, and by rotating them you are using the higher side that would make better contact.
  2. A web search for "conductive pads for remote control repair" may result in a source for some the correct size, you would be looking for something similar to this

I am not sure how easy it would be to remove the old conductive pads from the rubber substrate of the D-pad, keypad and buttons without tearing it so maybe just sticking them on top of the existing one's would work, provided they are not too high to then be making permanent contact.

Another possibility for repairing them would be to get a conductive ink pen and apply several layers on top of them to try and rebuild them to a height where they make better contact, but that would be a more fiddley and time consuming solution may wear away quickly and need frequent appliacation.

I personally have not tried either of those potential solutions they are just a suggestions. 

• Like 2