IGNORED

2600+ power supply

chriswhit

22 hours ago, CPUWIZ said:

I found out today, that it does not seem to like a USB-C to USB-C cable at all, it is completely wired (all 12).  Doesn't turn on at all, using the original cable with the same power brick is fine.  So it seems it has no Q/C logic to ask for the proper voltage from USB-C.

That makes sense and is very likely the reason for all these  misterious power problems reported so far.

The delivered Atari cable with the oldest brick you can get or your TV should work well but I did not have any issues with other standard "dumb" bricks with an A connector. 

• Like 2

On 8/5/2024 at 4:11 PM, CPUWIZ said:

I found out today, that it does not seem to like a USB-C to USB-C cable at all, it is completely wired (all 12).  Doesn't turn on at all, using the original cable with the same power brick is fine.  So it seems it has no Q/C logic to ask for the proper voltage from USB-C.

Ah. That would explain why my Alkin 20W PSU doesn't work for the 2600+. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

According to my dead cheap Keweisi KWS-10 USB power detector, the 2600+ draws much less than 500mA at 5V. Any USB port has to provide that much.

I already have my tester attached and I am going to plug in power sucking items into each slot later.  SaveKey has a blue LED as well, that's some mA right there.

>=500mA is the LAW

I speculate the specification should be 5V/1A for the 2600+.

• Like 2

On 8/5/2024 at 6:26 PM, CPUWIZ said:

Uh, yeah, not the M models. LOL

Have you actually stressed it, like using a rapid fire adapter in port 1 and a AtariVox in port 2, as well as a Harmony in single game mode at the same time?

Your TV obviously has enough AMP's.

No.... lol. 

I just, i'm a simple Atari twenty six hundred game player. Some say simple minded. 

Thanks to the wizards here at Atari age, I can use a 7800 controller for Omega Race.The only reason why I would ever want to use an adapter 😀 

The only thing I want from the twenty six hundred plus that we don't have is either additional game compatibility and fixes, which will I would always accept, And I would really, really like some way to save my high scores. 

Savekey ????

I don't even want screen filters that most people want. Because honestly, I can't stand any of them and they don't ever look right to me.  

But hey, if I did have some kind of exotic setup that you described, And I did run into power issues,  then I would just find a way to route it through a power brick and buy it myself. 

I'm not sympathetic to people that complain about power bricks. 

I would like to see that brought up in the political debates, and then I will vote for whichever team tells me that that they're going to outlaw people complaining about power bricks online ! 

Edited by tradyblix

Posted (edited)
On 8/5/2024 at 8:40 AM, ArgonV said:

I’ve been using my old Apple iPhone square brick and it has been working just fine.

Are you using the supplied USBC and HDMI cable?

Mine won’t boot a single game with Apple power brick not even the new Atari releases that I got in the mail with it. Yes using what came with it

Edited by chriswhit

On 8/6/2024 at 3:13 PM, DEANJIMMY said:

That makes sense and is very likely the reason for all these  misterious power problems reported so far.

The delivered Atari cable with the oldest brick you can get or your TV should work well but I did not have any issues with other standard "dumb" bricks with an A connector. 

I probably got a defective unit then mine don’t function with USB a to usb c cable. I’ve had it a while and moved so I didn’t have time to mess with . I ordered on first minute of the pre orders. When I get home I’ll mess with it and see if I figure anything out

15 hours ago, tradyblix said:

I'm not sympathetic to people that complain about power bricks

Not sure how my 2600 plus not booting games is complaining about power supply. It boots and I get video just never launches the games. I can get a couple games to boot with a 5.5 amp port on my pc surge protector but nothing with Apple usb a to usb c. I’ve tried a dozen. Kinda thinking it’s defective 

5 hours ago, chriswhit said:

Not sure how my 2600 plus not booting games is complaining about power supply. It boots and I get video just never launches the games. I can get a couple games to boot with a 5.5 amp port on my pc surge protector but nothing with Apple usb a to usb c. I’ve tried a dozen. Kinda thinking it’s defective 

Maybe try flashing to the latest firmware. If you can flash it, it might fix it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, tradyblix said:

Maybe try flashing to the latest firmware. If you can flash it, it might fix it. 

I will state that I've done the flashing and power of the console also with it just connected up to a small book size PC I have in my game room for stuff like this and simple captures. So even that little PC has enough power to run my 2600+ and the games I've tested in it including the use of my Dragon Fly cart. But then that cart has its own separate power supply to operate and likely doesn't require much if any resources from the 2600+.

And again, I normally use an old Apple charger from an earlier iPad Air when I've used my 2600+ in addition to a few of the other similar type devices like my TG-16 mini or SNES, Genesis Mini consoles.