IGNORED

Lynx Ninja Gaiden

-^CrossBow^-

Okay, so here is my problem with this game.

First I like this one much better than the Ninga Gaiden III. But there is one flaw that I either simply haven't figure out...or is a true flaw in this little gem.

How do you jump onto the rails midway through the first round and about halfway through the second!!!

I must lose like 3 guys there alone in the game because all I can do is just jump over the edge far enough to hope that the screen scrolls over far enough so that my new guy will land on the rails already!

Is there some trick to grabbing onto the rails that I don't know about? Really, I want to like this game more and feel that I can if I can just figure out this part with the railings. I at least sorta have the overhead throw figured out but even that move doesn't always pull off properly. All in all control just seems sluggish and sucks.

So, what's your secret to getting onto the railings in Lynx Ninja Gaiden?

:ponder:

I think this is a great game as well. As to the rails,

there's a pretty simple answer to that, just jump

up even with them, and press option 1 to grab onto

them. When you first see them in Stage One, walk

to the top of the screen, then edge your way near

the pit, careful not to fall in. These rails are not

directly over your head, but you can still jump up

straight, and press option 1 to grab them. When

you get the timing down, you can even start to

jump sideways, grabbing bars at the jump apex.

Scattered around some of the stages, there are

street lights that you can jump up and use option 1

to grab as well. This is allows you to swing toward

the baddies with a stronger kick to kill them easier.

Thank You! I had no idea that any of the options buttons were even used. However that works great! I didn't lose any ninja dudes trying to get onto those railings this time. I actually managed to get through all of level 1 on one man. Lost most of them on the boss at the end of level 2 and then had it all handed to me in the beginnings of level 3. Still, The game is much more fun now that I can grab those railings and bars on the lights. However, I found the light grabs to be worthless sense the bad guys always walk faster than my guy can run. So anytime I grab onto it, they are usually already there and knock me right off. Still, grabbing the railings saves me from losing a guy. Thanks again!

:D

First I like this one much better than the Ninga Gaiden III.  But there is one flaw that I either simply haven't figure out...or is a true flaw in this little gem.

it's funny but ninja gaiden is the only lynx game i ever brought back to the store. i was very disaponted, i thought i was getting a nes port. not the arcade version, which i really never played before.

I really would like to get my hands on Ninja Gaiden 3 some day.

I hope plays as good as the nes series.

i thought i was getting a nes port. not the arcade version, which i really never played before.

And conversly before NES Ninja Gaiden was released I was fully expecting it to be the arcade game! :lol: So when it came out I was pretty dissapointed.. but I learned to accept it as just a different variation. But the arcade game is the original babeey :D

And yes, the Lynx version was pretty good. By the way Crosssbow, you probably already know this but when you grab onto the rails, you can kick the baddies away...(not sure if you knew this since you said they knock you off)

First I like this one much better than the Ninga Gaiden III.  But there is one flaw that I either simply haven't figure out...or is a true flaw in this little gem.

it's funny but ninja gaiden is the only lynx game i ever brought back to the store. i was very disaponted, i thought i was getting a nes port. not the arcade version, which i really never played before.

Ninja Gaiden III is a horrible game on the Lynx, and in my opinion the worst for the system. You should save your money for a good Lynx game instead. :)

I think it plays about as good as the NES version. However, the graphics are tiny and really difficult to make out.

I like the original Ninja Gaiden for the Lynx, but the arcade version is much better. It's a shame that Tecmo messed with all our heads by releasing two completely different games (the arcade Ninja Gaiden and the NES Ninja Gaiden) with the same name though they're really not alike at all.

Ninja Gaiden III is a horrible game on the Lynx, and in my opinion the worst for the system. You should save your money for a good Lynx game instead.  :)

Worst game for the system?? What about Pit Fighter, Dirty Larry, NFL Football, Krazy Golf etc? What is it about Ninja Gaiden III you hate so much? :?

I think it plays about as good as the NES version. However, the graphics are tiny and really difficult to make out.

Yes, I agree. The graphics during the levels isn't of course the best. The graphics between the stages when the story is told is great! It's the same game as the NES version and it plays pretty much the same. So if you liked it on the NES I think you will like the Lynx version too.

One thing I like better with the Lynx version is the music. Just listend to the music on stage 2! :)

It's a shame that Tecmo messed with all our heads by releasing two completely different games (the arcade Ninja Gaiden and the NES Ninja Gaiden) with the same name though they're really not alike at all.

I think this was a problem with both Tecmo game Ninja Gaiden and Rygar. The Lynx versions of both these games have THE SAME BOX ART as the NES games have. The NES version of Rygar was a complete different game also.

BTW NES Ninja Gaiden was called Shadow Warriors in Europe. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was called Teenage Mutant HERO Turtles etc. They don't like ninjas over here :spidey: :thumbsdown: :(

What's so bad about ninjas?

Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles sounds stupid.

Yes, stupid it was. I guess the word "ninja" was associated with to much violence :roll: It was the same with a lot of games. Changing names, changing box art (removing weapons), removing blood from games (Mortal Kombat etc). Much censor. But this was before, it's better today. Don't realy think kids in Europe are more sensitive then kids in North America and need these laws to protect them.

Don't realy think kids in Europe are more sensitive then kids in North America and need these laws to protect them.

Nowadays Americans are blaming all their kids' violent acts on video games and are suing video game manufacturers all the time, so maybe we'll be the ones seeing the censorship soon. The combination of the country being lawsuit-crazy and being scapegoat-crazy makes for a dangerous time for the purveyors of violent entertainment.

I think I'm going to move to Canada before I get sued for looking at someone the wrong way.

For what it's worth, the Lynx version of Ninja Gaiden 1 was long touted as one of the most faithful arcade conversions ever. I myself can attest to that since I've played the arcade game several times as well as the Lynx version via emulation. Of course the NES version is a completely different game (as were most of the NES conversions of coin op hits...Strider anyone? Ugh!), but still a decent game.

Ninja Gaiden 3 does an admirable job of duplicating the NES version's fast and furious gameplay. Yes, it takes some time to get used to the small characters and frenzied action, but a great game nonetheless.

Ninja Gaiden III is a horrible game on the Lynx, and in my opinion the worst for the system. You should save your money for a good Lynx game instead.  :)

Worst game for the system?? What about Pit Fighter, Dirty Larry, NFL Football, Krazy Golf etc? What is it about Ninja Gaiden III you hate so much? :?

In my opinion, NG3 falls down in every gaming category: its graphics are very poor for a Lynx game (and its gaming pallette is atrocious); the in-game music is grating; it has a very low "fun factor". I agree that "Pit Fighter", "NFL Football", and "Dirty Larry" are hardly great games, but at least they have one or more interesting features in them (e.g. decent graphics in "Dirty Larry").

:)

Something about Dirty Larry always bothered me. In some early screenshots from a catalog, Larry could move up and down along with left and right, making it easy to dodge gunfire. But in the final release of the game, you could only move left and right. The game would have been a lot better if they'd have left in the ability to roam freely onscreen instead of forcing you to walk in a straight line.

Anybody actually finish Dirty Larry?

Dirty Larry is one of the few video games that I despised to the point of actually returning it shortly after I bought it. Thankfully, the store I bought it from (Starbase Atari, in San Antonio) allowed me to exchange it for a different game, minus a 10% stocking fee. I ended up buying Batman Returns with the remaining credit, which I enjoyed much more than Dirty Larry.