Power Stone

Power Stone 2

Rival Schools

Street Fighter Alpha 3 Upper

Plasma Sword

Capcom Vs SNK

Capcom Vs SNK 2

Capcom Fighting Evolution

Even though I have these on DC...this is just amazing.  Wish it were out this year though!

Can't wait to be able to play this on a wireless Pro Controller on switch.

Personal favorite, despite it being technically a worse game than most on the list:  PLASMA SWORD   :)

Well ok Power Stone is probably my true favorite, but Plasma Sword is weird and special in its own hilarious way.

Yeah, Plasma Sword is paper thin, but it's amusing to play nevertheless. It's like what would happen if Star Wars took place at a 1970s disco. Also, look closely at one of the stages... there's a cityscape filled with buildings with thinly disguised game company logos in it!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zoyous said:

Looked like it was only announced for Switch so far, but I have to assume this will be multiplatform. I'd love to play PowerStone with my friends on Xbox Live.

Fair and understood... but IIRC the Marvel collection coming out in a week or so was on Switch and PS4/5, Steam, but not Xbox...

https://www.capcom-games.com/marvel-vs-capcom-fc/en-us/

Which is honestly horrible, IDK what is going on at Xbox that they're not getting releases like this.

52 minutes ago, Hydro Thunder said:

Fair and understood... but IIRC the Marvel collection coming out in a week or so was on Switch and PS4/5, Steam, but not Xbox...

https://www.capcom-games.com/marvel-vs-capcom-fc/en-us/

Which is honestly horrible, IDK what is going on at Xbox that they're not getting releases like this.

Oh yes, and I just saw through that link that this is also confirmed for PS4/5 and Steam. Hmm, often it's like that with physical releases this generation. Another user on here explained that it's due to the fact that MS requires a much bigger minimum run of physical releases than the other consoles. Probably part of their long-term effort to go all-digital. It's been a real annoyance during this generation for me. Hopefully it'll still get a digital release - it looks like the first Fighting Collection did.

47 minutes ago, Austin said:

Capcom just announced on Twitter that the Marvel Vs. Capcom collection will be coming to Xbox in 2025. Maybe we'll see a similar announcement with the Capcom Fighting Collection 2 soon.

They announced both: https://www.gematsu.com/2024/09/marvel-vs-capcom-fighting-collection-arcade-classics-and-capcom-fighting-collection-2-coming-to-xbox-one-in-2025

• Like 3

Considering the Physical release for both of these...depending on art, goodies, etc.  

Anyone know (assuming mum is the word so far this early) if the Physical is going to be from Capcom direct, Limited Run, etc?

I've only gotten two Limited Run games so far, and they are both spectacular. :)

17 hours ago, Hydro Thunder said:

Anyone know (assuming mum is the word so far this early) if the Physical is going to be from Capcom direct, Limited Run, etc?

From what I can see it looks like it will be directly published by Capcom. So I expect just a barebones box with no manual.

40 minutes ago, Zoyous said:

From what I can see it looks like it will be directly published by Capcom. So I expect just a barebones box with no manual.

And I'm sure with half the games needing to be downloaded.

Edited by MCHufnagel

I'm waffling on the Marvel fighting collection presently, as it's another example of buying games I already have in other formats.  $50 is on the one hand reasonable for what you're getting, but on the other it's a decent chunk of change for games I can already play (on Saturn / CRT, Dreamcast, Dreamcast emulator that works amazingly well, Mame, etc).

And I don't care at all about online play so that's not a factor for me.  I'll probably get it eventually when more optimistic about short term finances.