IGNORED

Looking for 90 degrees polar rotation of my 2 Sega scope Goggles

I am really close to proving that if your total monitor ping is one millisecond or less, that the Sega Master System glasses will work correctly on a modern 1 millisecond monitor. 

The problem is when I look at the screen upright, I could see the real world objects but the screen is totally black. 

That makes me think that the Sega Scope is really a pair of polarizations one that is constant and one that is variable that turns on and off with electricity being alternately sent and that's it.

When I ran this experiment to a modern CRT VGA monitor I got a perfectly good picture so I know my converter is not too slow.  By the way my converter is a RetroTink 2X Pro M.

The secret is to rotate either the glasses or the screen 90°.

I tried to put my monitor in tate mode, but the problem is a program which makes it display in the picture through the Macintosh might be too slow for the Sega Master System SegaScope.  

I can get too distinct images when I put two SQ11 cameras in front of a Sega Scope and run it live however the stereoscopy is off because It assumes you're viewing the picture with the eyes side by side but rotating your head put your eyeballs in a vertical position which makes the two corresponding eyes not the corresponding cameras for the two left and right images.

I could either rely on this app maker who makes capture card viewing equipment to get it really quickly through to the point where it adds almost no time...

Or I could take actions into my own hands and hire someone to rotate the polar shields on two Sega master system devices 90° each.  I assume there is both an inner shield and an outer shield and the fact that they're 90° relative to each other blocks out one eye. 

The problem is the constant shield screens out the image on my TN 1 millisecond monitor. 

Maybe there is something pre-existing that is exactly the same as a Sega master system SegaScope except is naturally made for modern TVs and is polar rotated 90° relative to the Sega Scope. 

If something is pre-existing out there that plugs into a 3.5 mm TRS cable that will not filter out the screen 100% of the time but only filter it out during the dead eye, please let me know and I'll buy a couple pairs. 

If not, and if I show this works, this could be a fairly lucrative business of retuning Sega Scopes to work with modern one millisecond monitors.

The other thing this will do is it'll help me when I describe an invention to add 3D to any TV.  The only caveat is you need a 1 millisecond monitor for the timing to be correct. 

There could be a newer version which would take higher ping times and could compensate for those higher ping times automatically which will turn any TV into a 3D TV just by adding 3D (by the way if you understand the 3D marketplace at around 2011 you know why the only way 3D could survive is if it's an add-on separate to the television display unit.  If they are built in certain anti-3DTV activists will overbid on non-3D TVs thus bringing it back to the way the market was in 2012.) 

Also I told my dad wait until they make an addon adapter because that's what the Sega Master System Sega Scope 3d was.

Unfortunately ping time of non CRT monitors threw in  a wrinkle that is taking at least 10 years to get around.

A lot of people's PlayStation 3D TVs are getting broken through age.  And even though that was considered the gold standard of modern 3D TVs in terms of ping time, even that has ping time compared to a CRT TV.  And by the time one millisecond monitors came out 3D monitors was a dead cause.  So there is no accurate low ping way to play a 3D game currently right now and I'm trying to work to get us there.

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Zoyous said:

I can't help with the technical task, but I assume you've tested this by holding the glasses sideways and viewing through one lens at a time?

Yes I did I got two pictures that were unique on both ends and they were both steady pictures.  And they were different from each other.  The only difference was that their stereoscopic horizon was rotated 90° so that the 3D effects don't look right. 

I was considering putting my monitor in tate mode, but the problem is I have to put it through my computer in order to put it in tate mode.  And I got to find an ultra low ping way to display it on the tape mode which I paid a few bucks for someone to try but it wasn't quite right.  I don't know exactly what the problem is but it's like the Macintosh processor adds an extra millisecond or two when taking the inputs and outputting it to a tated monitor. 

I could either rely on this guy to get the display quick enough where there's zero ping or I could have someone build these 90° rotated Sega Scope goggles.  The problem is the outer shell is considered perpendicular to two or three different monitors I tried both of which were rotated so that it optimized horizontal viewing. 

I have tested it and it does give two separate views and I believe that if I were able to rotate the polar filters on a set of Sega Scope goggles, It should filter out modern TN monitors correctly by not filtering them out at the base level.  

I believe it should not disturb a regular CRT viewing of these glasses nor should it disturb it going through VGA CRT.  

So does anyone know where to find a 90 degrees rotated polarity TRS 3.5 mm shutter 3d glasses pre-built?

Based on my tests it should work

18 hours ago, netrogames said:

So does anyone know where to find a 90 degrees rotated polarity TRS 3.5 mm shutter 3d glasses pre-built?

If you don't get any further responses here, you could describe your project on the SMS Power forums, where there is a small but technically-skilled community: https://www.smspower.org/forums/

Hello.  I tried to log into SMS power.org, signed up with a new account, and then clicked the confirm link, but it won't let me log in the SMSPower.

How do I contact the admins about this?

I don't see a contact admin link.

Also I've got a question about the goggles.

To completely black out one eye, you need 2 polar filters that are 90 degrees out of phase of each other rotationally.

The front lens of the goggles have one of the 2 filters.  Hence why looking through them makes them dark.

The other inner  lenses are variably and alternately  on and off,   I assume activating the second filter with an electric signal and deactivating it with a lack of one.

The signal jumps from one to the other eye. When electrified, the electrified polar shield plus the constant polar shield which is 90 degrees out of rotational phase, totally blocks that eye for a frame.

There is a pair of glasses that are TRS glasses available at Amazon. Which work with DLP and CRT TVs .   They said modern Blu Ray players don't work with these glasses.   They said they work with Master System but you may have to adjust one or both eyes' polarity to work with modern low ping monitors.

If you look up "3.5mm TRS Shutter 3d glasses" on Google, you'll see a $96 item on Amazon.  That's the model I'm looking at.  

Are they twin layered electrified filters that can be rotatable? If they are then they are the best of all worlds,  no constant half filter always on in front, bright picture, and can be tuned to any modern monitor assuming it's 1 ms ping time.