IGNORED

Road Runner for MAME

Lauren Tyler

Has anyone ever been able to get Road Runner to work properly under MAME? It loads but the Road Runner moves in just one direction and won't respond to my controls. I believe in the config it says something about analog control. Is there any way to fix this so that I can use my keyboard instead?

Tab -> input(this game) -> Hit the enter key followed by the key you want to use for a given action. You can enter a number of them if you want (up to six keys for one action, I think). If you want to change it back to the default, hit enter followed by escape...or simply erase the games' .cfg file in Mame's Cfg folder.

Road Runner because of it's Hall Effect joystick (an analog joystick that used sensors and magnets.. Also used in I-Robot and Escape from the Planet of the Robot Monsters) is by it's very nature, not going to play too well in any emulated state. Even if you could get a good analog stick, be prepared to do some tweaking as well for any kind of good gameplay response. Good luck.

Personally, I simply don't like playing Road Runner in Mame because of the sucky controls. It can be played though... try using the mouse :P