IGNORED

xenophobe boxed....what is it worth...want to trade?

adams_ale

My friend who has an atari collection of around 300 games sold me some games that he had copies of. In question is a red factory sealed, ntsc copy of xenophobe for atari. He sold it to me for 40 dollars but I was wondering is that a good deal or what.....I know xenophobe is rated a 7/10 as far as rarity goes but it's not really sought after as much as other rare games from what I can see. In short is this a good deal and would you like to trade for anything? As I said the game is in the box with instructions and never been opened. I would think of trading for another rarity 7 cartridge. Please let me know what you think.

I don't think he was trying to make a big buck of me at least. He did give some free copies of two games that are fun but not rare...pitfall II(no instructions) and kool aid man with instructions. The other game lot I paid for but not much. I appreciate the response and now I feel better knowing I didn't get overpriced too much. He's a good friend so I knew he wouldn't intentionally rip me off. I'm opening it now.....thanks! ;)

is xenotype really a 7 in terms of rarity and if so why are other rarity 7's worth so much more? It seems like games should be put together in rarity by a similiar price range for their purchase. I guess price is influenced more by demand than rarity. By the way this is off subject but I just noticed a rarity 10 on ebay(Obelix) and it ends in 3 days. :!: It is only 15 dollars right now but I'm sure it will go much higher than I'm willing to spend. The only carts I'm really interested in are TCM and Halloween and I'm saving my money. 8)

i I guess price is influenced more by demand than rarity.  

Exactly

By the way this is off subject but I just noticed a rarity 10 on ebay(Obelix) and it ends in 3 days. :!:   It is only 15 dollars right now but I'm sure it will go much higher than I'm willing to spend.  The only carts I'm really interested in are TCM and Halloween and I'm saving my money.   8)

It may be PAL. Either way, it'll sell for more than $15.00

• 2 weeks later...

I love my newly purchased xenophobe but I can't get past this large alien in level 4 called a snotterpillar. Also the instruction manual says you can't run oft of ammo, but I keep losing my weapon without putting it down. Is this because of running into enemies? :? The first levels are pretty easy and then it becomes too hard especially without a weapon! I guess I'll keep practicing. :twisted: