IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 19 Round 7 - Pac-Man

Welcome to the seventh round of the 19th 5200 HSC season!  Pac-Man and Congo Bongo were tied in the pool, but Pac-Man won the coin toss.  Play using the default settings. Emulation is fine, as are custom controls. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records.

The high score was set by both tank and oyamafamily who both rolled the score with over 1,000,000 points.  Match this feat if you can for a bonus point! 

The ROM can be found here:  https://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-5200-pac-man_s11775.html

Round ends Sunday, September 22nd, 2024 @11pm EST

Standings:

oyamafamily - 140,710

Cafeman - 44,910

jblenkle - 9,020

On 9/9/2024 at 8:01 PM, Cafeman said:

27,880.   I am NOT familiar with this version's patterns! 

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there are any.  Just from observing the ghost behaviors in the first minute of the game several times, there seems to be some randomization there that would prevent patterns from working.

1 minute ago, DamonicFury said:

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there are any.  Just from observing the ghost behaviors in the first minute of the game several times, there seems to be some randomization there that would prevent patterns from working.

The ghosts don't behave at all like the Coin-op, that's for sure.  Bashfull / Orange ghost plowed into me when the coin-op version would have turned away, for example.  Don't wait too long at a power pellet either, their kill priority is higher than Pac-Man's eat-power-pellet priority checks. 

• Like 1

Pac-Man - 1,000,000+ (Rolled)

Timeline

00:00 – Opening of 5200 Pac-Man on Altirra and variation set to Default (Cherries / 1P)

00:52 – Start of submitted run

11:23 – First death (First Atari Logo stage)

11:51 – Second death (First Atari Logo stage)

17:08 – Third death when I was CLOSE to complete the 1st KEY stage

20:36 – Opening of 5th KEY stage

22:48 – Opening of 7th KEY stage

1:11:29 – Rollover at 1 Million points

1:17:37 – End of run and final score shown (1,100,460 points - 100,460 after rollover)

• Like 1

Wow wtf is that a bug in the 5200 upper key levels where they stay blinking blue forever??!!  If it is, I admit I have never seen such a thing let alone heard of it.. that is crazy! Who knew?! 😲

On that note I had travelled for 7 weeks back in late july, got back mid August and only now things are settling down where I can play again.. so I was going to start participating but that score is just ridiculous! lol, and if that bug is consistent then it just becomes a matter of making it to that point, then it just becomes endurance. I'll wait until the next round maybe :lol:

Edited by NE146

38 minutes ago, NE146 said:

Wow wtf is that a bug in the 5200 upper key levels where they stay blinking blue forever??!!  If it is, I admit I have never seen such a thing let alone heard of it.

It is indeed a bug on the 5200 version, don't remember which key # it starts at, but it is there.

On 9/9/2024 at 11:36 AM, DamonicFury said:

Welcome to the seventh round of the 19th 5200 HSC season!  Pac-Man and Congo Bongo were tied in the pool, but Pac-Man won the coin toss.  Play using the default settings. Emulation is fine, as are custom controls. Pics preferred, but not required except for HSC wins and records.

The high score was set by both tank and oyamafamily who both rolled the score with over 1,000,000 points.  Match this feat if you can for a bonus point! 

The ROM can be found here:  https://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-5200-pac-man_s11775.html

Round ends Sunday, September 22nd, 2024 @11pm EST

Standings:

oyamafamily - 1,000,000+ - RECORD TIED

Cafeman - 44,910

jblenkle - 9,020