IGNORED

Emio the Smiling Man

haunted_ipa_

I just beat it. I'm slightly disappointed at the gameplay, which is often needlessly tedious (you have to find the right action, look at a specific spot, etc.). It clearly feels they tried to compensate the short length of the game, which is priced rather high imho. Visually it's very pretty but some of the music tracks feel repetitive to me. The story is nice, but since you play a very young detective, it often feels like you're investigating on the boring stuff, asking the victim's friends about their feelings for instance, while the police is doing the actual, well, police work... And frankly, even at the very end, I felt a little clueless. Everything is revealed in the final chapter and it's almost not interactive at all, but that's the point of a visual novel I guess. At least, the ending escalates quickly. 🙂

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

I just beat it. I'm slightly disappointed at the gameplay, which is often needlessly tedious (you have to find the right action, look at a specific spot, etc.). It clearly feels they tried to compensate the short length of the game, which is priced rather high imho. Visually it's very pretty but some of the music tracks feel repetitive to me. The story is nice, but since you play a very young detective, it often feels like you're investigating on the boring stuff, asking the victim's friends about their feelings for instance, while the police is doing the actual, well, police work... And frankly, even at the very end, I felt a little clueless. Everything is revealed in the final chapter and it's almost not interactive at all, but that's the point of a visual novel I guess. At least, the ending escalates quickly. 🙂

it's a bummer the game's so short. it looks really good.

8 minutes ago, digdugnate said:

it's a bummer the game's so short. it looks really good.

Well, actually it was right for me because I have other games to play before Zelda's release, but it's clearly a €30 game to me rather than a €50 one. That being said, the remake of the Yuji Horii adventure game that was released this week is also more than €40 on Steam and Switch, so Japanese developers apparently don't perceive visual novels as cheap games.

Edited by roots.genoa
  • Like 1