IGNORED

My own personal thoughts on Bubsy the Bobcat

19 hours ago, frankodragon said:

Of couse there was -this- abomination and the only enjoyment I get out of playing it is to smack his head on low ceilings while he says "OWWW!"

-image-

At least Awesome Possum was made with the good intention of promoting environmental awareness and was about something, whereas Bubsy is just a hollow shell in a red exclamation mark T-shirt.

Edited by harmonyFM
Snipping image not necessary for response

I can't be bothered to put effort into truly "hating" any game. To many good ones out there I'd rather put effort into liking/playing.

I liked the original bubsy games. Bitd they were some of the very few alternative side scrollers (alternate, compared to the Mario and sonic franchises) that I put effort into playing to the end, heck, the first one I even 100%. Best game ever? Certainly not, but of the non mainstream franchises, its up there.

Doctor oh is right, the more hate, the more awareness, so keep it up, I'm eagerly awaiting more. Wait, paws on fire? Damn, how did I miss that one? Something else to get. My only objection to the first new one was "one world?" Which doesn't follow the side scroller tradition of 4-16 worlds (with 4-16 levels per world)

20 hours ago, Video said:

DoctorClu oh is right, the more hate, the more awareness, so keep it up, I'm eagerly awaiting more. Wait, paws on fire? Damn, how did I miss that one? Something else to get. My only objection to the first new one was "one world?" Which doesn't follow the side scroller tradition of 4-16 worlds (with 4-16 levels per world)

Paws on Fire is fun, however a little different as a rail runner rather than an open world platformer like other Bubsy games.

Woolies Strike Back is more like three worlds (Forest, Desert, Woolie Asteriod) with three to four levels a piece.

They elimated falling damage, gave a shield shirt, and added the pounce attack.  As said, fun game, wish it had been longer.

ScreenShot2024-09-17at12_26_00PM.png.a73d93c3f3da76480bfd37550911bb0f.png

Huh, rail runners, I've played a few, there was one with cartoon network characters on gba, and mario run on Andrew phones. That was pretty good till it got to the "build a village" bit.

Ill have to see about picking that up sometime.

15 hours ago, Video said:

Huh, rail runners, I've played a few, there was one with cartoon network characters on gba, and mario run on Andrew phones. That was pretty good till it got to the "build a village" bit.

Ill have to see about picking that up sometime.

Paws on Fire is currently selling for $24.99 on Steam.  However, like a lot of Steam games, if you don't like the price, put the game on your Wishlist and you'll get notified when the game goes on sale.  I picked it up for $7.49 last month.  :)

Current sale right now I liked: Zool : Redimensioned, going for $2.49.  Normally sells for $9.99, a cute and fun game, especially if you like Zool.

Edited by doctorclu

9 hours ago, CharlieChaplin said:

If you hate one Bubsy...

... how about two of them ?

"The Super Bubsy Bros."

LOL, maybe Trevor mcfur could be a player two? Like character design, but not the ultra generic side scrolling space shooter, crescent galaxy.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2024 at 6:06 AM, CharlieChaplin said:

If you hate one Bubsy...

... how about two of them ?

"The Super Bubsy Bros."

Here we go!

ScreenShot2024-09-26at12_06_50AM.thumb.png.1995d441ea37cc31f6f76b02ef82df90.png

Bubsy trivia: In Bubsy player one has the red exclamation point on the shirt, and player two had the green exclamation point on the shirt.

This is why the Jaguar version was dull yellow exclamation point on the shirt as that was a undefined null field when ported from Bubsy Claws Encounters code on the Genesis to Bubsy Fractured Furry Tales on the Jaguar.

On 9/22/2024 at 4:03 PM, Video said:

LOL, maybe Trevor mcfur could be a player two? Like character design, but not the ultra generic side scrolling space shooter, crescent galaxy.

Hmm... I like that way of thinking.  Or maybe have Bubsy as a alternate character in Crescent Galaxy:

ScreenShot2024-09-26at12_10_47AM.png.75c1fcd0a978ad11bb68398f4cb9c287.png

"Pilot's License?  What for?!"

Edited by doctorclu
  • Like 2

Its Bubsy though, it should be "pilots license, what fur?" LOL (sorry, some hate the puns, but I find that part of his charm)

Nothing wrong with crescent galaxy, I think my issue was "burnout" on that type of game, and while decent, it just felt super generic, despite visually being one of the best for its time.

Edited by Video
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

you guys don't understand that I'm making society better by weeding out useless piles of trash like Bubsy, I will never understand why some of you are so keen to defend him, he is useless and a pile of garbage that must be wiped from society! I want Bubsy crushed and knocked down so hard he can never get back up. And the only way to do that is to deny the Purfect Collection my money

• Haha 1

Why do I feel he'll buy the damn compilation eventually? 🤔 ("I bought it to denounce its mediocrity publicly")

I mean most of us won't buy it anyway, so what's the point of repeating you won't? There's no way this compilation will be a success, so no need to worry about a Bubsy comeback imho.

The only reason I'm pissed Bubsy is coming back is because he doesn't deserve it, real champions like Death Jr and Mr Nutz deserve it. 

I'm not trying to sound rude, but I remember coming across the first four games and the pilot and hating them.

When I heard Bubsy was getting a collection I was understandably pissed because I felt Atari should have used that chance on Death Jr and Mr Nutz who I like better cuz they're cooler IMO

10 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Why do I feel he'll buy the damn compilation eventually? 🤔 ("I bought it to denounce its mediocrity publicly")

I mean most of us won't buy it anyway, so what's the point of repeating you won't? There's no way this compilation will be a success, so no need to worry about a Bubsy comeback imho.

Don't worry, I won't buy it like I said, because I know other Atari products like Atari 50, Yars Rising, Atari Recharged, and Mr Run and Jump and Pong Quest are better worth my time and money

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

Well, I don't think they own those licenses though. I know who owns Mr Nutz though (its creator).

I think Mr Nutz and Death Jr were in the IP List of Atari's that they've posted, it would have made more sense to do them rather than Bubsy IMO cuz they were actually good. Honestly Death Jr and Mr. Nutz IMO were so much better and interesting.

Bubsy just sucks in comparison

Edited by ChefLowKeyAVengefulSavageDog

42 minutes ago, JagChris said:

They own the Busy franchise now and love it or hate it its one of the bigger IPs they own. They will most likely not let it go to waste.

They need to bring in some proven game designers though to redeem it.

One of the few times I actually agree with JagChris. Bubsy could've been a better franchise than how it actually turned out, and it would be nice to see someone make a good Bubsy game.