IGNORED

Strange Red Label Variations !?

Cybertom

SS, your PAL list is missing Crossbow (CX26139P). The copy I have is a dark red label cart in a light red box (much lighter than the normal red boxes). Copyright is 1987.

Oh, and I have a red label PAL Solaris with B&W picture on the cart (your list just mentions a colour picture).

Hi gloss red label  Similar thing with some grey labels almost have a wax "wet" look to them. Galaxian is this way my Moon Patrol is too. Not so noticable as the pic in the above link thou.  I was half way joking about them thou. I'd still call them grey labels. :P

OK, I have seen a few like that. IMHO, they do look a bit nicer than the standard gray labels but I don't think that they're significantly different enough to warrant listing them as a separate variant.

Hi gloss red label  Similar thing with some grey labels almost have a wax "wet" look to them. Galaxian is this way my Moon Patrol is too. Not so noticable as the pic in the above link thou.  I was half way joking about them thou. I'd still call them grey labels. :P

OK, I have seen a few like that. IMHO, they do look a bit nicer than the standard gray labels but I don't think that they're significantly different enough to warrant listing them as a separate variant.

i agree. :)

Midnight Magic had two Red label releases One has black text one with white. So it's likely available with both 87 & 88 dates

JEEZ! Would you believe that I just pulled my own cart out and it has a 1986 copyright on it! :roll:

How many friggin' variations could Atari have released! I don't really care about collecting the minor variants but I am trying to get a definitive list here. Keep the info coming, I guess!

The silver/gray variant list is gonna be murder. :ponder:

:lol:

I think most of these are minor, but the label that was on my DK was super hi glossy not like a normal red label so it stuck out. Same with the Midnight Magic with the black title vs White it's very noticeable, much more noticeable over a production date.

Just searching in the threads here I found another post regarding red label Midnight Magic PAL with misplaced title, no pic of it up anymore, but it was likely a error label of some sort, still another entry for your list! :P

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my Red Label list:

Crossbow 88

Dark Chambers 88

Defender II*88,89

Desert Falcon 87*88

Donkey Kong 87*88

Donkey Kong Jr. 87,88

Double Dunk 89

Gravitar*88,89 CIB

Jr. Pac-man*86,87,88

Klax SIB

Midnight Magic 87*88

Mousetrap*87

Off the Wall 89 PAL

Q-Bert 87

Radar Lock 89

Realsports Boxing 87*88

Secret Quest 89

Solaris 86*88 CIB

Space Invaders 80

Sprintmaster*88 CIB

Super Baseball 88

Super Football*88 CIB

Venture 87,88

• 11 years later...

There are quite a few PAL red labels missing from your list:

Defender II

Double Dunk

Jr Pac-Man

Mouse Trap

Off the Wall

Radar Lock

Secret Quest

Space Invaders

Super Football

Cheers :)

There's a list of red label variants in the first post of this thread. The list hasn't been updated in forever, but I reckon it still contains some useful information.

Thank you for this information. And I thought that after all this time I was finally done with this red variant list!

I am going`to use the provided information to update my own list, hopefully some time this week.

• Like 1