IGNORED

What 7800/2600 game should I get at PRGE

bent_pin

I've got a very nice user who's offered to get a copy of E.X.O. from PRGE for me. I can afford another game or two. Of the new ones coming out, which should I get? Pick your top 3 and post them here, please.

7800 and 2600 only, please.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bent_pin said:

@Albert @ZeroPage Homebrew I'd really value your notable opinions on this, if you have a moment, please.

There is a variety of so many incredible games so I think it's going to depend on what genre of games you like. Puzzle, action, multiplayer, shooters, arcade, platformers, RPG? There's some top notch games in all of these categories!

- James

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

There is a variety of so many incredible games so I think it's going to depend on what genre of games you like. Puzzle, action, multiplayer, shooters, arcade, platformers, RPG? There's some top notch games in all of these categories!

- James

Games for short attention spans. Ive got the attention span of a gnat on Mountain Dew.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, bent_pin said:

What about you, @GoldLeader? What are you looking forward to getting?

Well,  the truth is I haven't kept up as much because I was going to wait for my last chance order games to come in first,  then see if I have credit (I didn't get the subscriber discount, because I guess I wasn't logged in),  and go from there...Also will need a Jaguar GameDrive.  But may actually buy a new computer first!

But that said,  A.R.T.I.E. looks good,  Harpy's Curse, and anything with the word Dragon in it (or programmed by Todd Furmanski), Robot Zed, Anything by PacManPlus, Spiceware, Champ games, or Thomas Jentzsch...

(I know,  I know...I can't be much help because I'm like a kid in a candy store sometimes :)

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

I didn't get the subscriber discount, because I guess I wasn't logged in

PM Albert, he'll fix it

6 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

But that said,  A.R.T.I.E. looks good,  Harpy's Curse, and anything with the word Dragon in it (or programmed by Todd Furmanski), Robot Zed, Anything by PacManPlus, Spiceware, Champ games, or Thomas Jentzsch...

I already own A.R.T.I.E. and it's amazing. I was eying Harpy's Curse and I have been checking out Pas de Deux by @Thomas Jentzsch i wonder if it will be there. Champ games is another way to go, as of last year I owned their entire catalog, but they're sure to have  something new this year.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bent_pin said:

I'm not going. I need to pick beforehand so the person who is going can buy for me 

Ahh.. Missed that point.

Tough to recommend anything, I have Dungeon Stalker in the cart, and am waiting for Wizard's dungeon and Knight Guy in a Lo Res world.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zonie said:

Ahh.. Missed that point.

Tough to recommend anything, I have Dungeon Stalker in the cart, and am waiting for Wizard's dungeon and Knight Guy in a Lo Res world.

Both are amazing games. I also already bought the entire champ games catalog, the except for their two new ones.

PXL_20240917_211937955.jpg

On 9/16/2024 at 10:59 AM, bent_pin said:

Games for short attention spans. Ive got the attention span of a gnat on Mountain Dew.

A couple of new games being released at PRGE from AtariAge that are quick, arcade-like experiences:

• Minotaur (2600)
  • Tober's Nightmare (2600)

If you have EXO on your list already you might also be interested in these new games as well:

• Spies in the Night 2 (2600)
  • Slide Boy in Maze Land (2600)
  • Knight Guy in Another Castle (7800)

Of course there are tons of back catalogue games as well. You should definitely check out our extensive list of playthroughs of every single game on ZPH to help you evaluate.

There's also Champ Games booth and they're releasing the new Tutankham Arcade (2600).

- James

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

A couple of new games being released at PRGE from AtariAge that are quick, arcade-like experiences:

• Minotaur (2600)
  • Tober's Nightmare (2600)

If you have EXO on your list already you might also be interested in these new games as well:

• Spies in the Night 2 (2600)
  • Slide Boy in Maze Land (2600)
  • Knight Guy in Another Castle (7800)

Of course there are tons of back catalogue games as well. You should definitely check out our extensive list of playthroughs of every single game on ZPH to help you evaluate.

There's also Champ Games booth and they're releasing the new Tutankham Arcade (2600).

- James

Thank you, James.

Tober's Nightmare wins for the short game experience and Knight Guy in Another Castle wins for the longer experience because I love low res world and because I also lost everything in a flood and I'd like to encourage more games from the amazing author.

I appreciate the time in crafting your reply and I really enjoyed digging through your old videos to see some quality gameplay coverage.

As always thanks for all you do to support the 8-bit scene

Michael

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1