IGNORED

The terrible Atari 5200 Berzerk port on the Atari 50th Anniversary Collection DLC

Orionsangel

How do you release a game in this condition? The port of Berzerk on Atari 5200 is atrocious. It’s like Atari didn’t even care. I don’t think anyone from my generation is working on this Atari 50 anniversary collection. They weren’t there when these games launched and they have no idea what these classic games looked or sounded like back in the day. So they just assumed that Berzerk sounded that bad on Atari 5200. It feels like a, whatever attitude here. It’s insulting considering the love and care they present here about the history of Atari. Preserving the games in a proper manner would go a long way.

• Like 2

I downloaded the dlc content last night on my switch, but I couldn't play any of it, I was a little disappointed that the only 5200 game was berzerk, but like I said I couldn't play anything, on the new stuff, just kept giving me a error message. 

Just watched the video, Wow that's messed up bad, maybe it's a good thing I couldn't play it.

Edited by RB5200
  • Thanks 1

I played this for half an hour. The game plays perfectly, including the reverse-otto helpful bug.  But after any voice, it seems one of the 4 sound channels is left on with an irritating buzz. The buzz stops after an explosion or robot shot.  Hard to imagine how this got through QA testing!