IGNORED

Help me out! Atari 7800 Set-Up

plagedusoleil

I'm totally new to the Atari 7800 system (just unearthed it from the attic). I can't figure out how to connect it to my TV since I don't have the UHF or VHF connectors - just the cable cord - and even that doesn't fit into the TV-Computer box.

Clearly there are some conversion parts to our current TV technology that I'm missing .

Does anyone have suggestions?

If your still wanting to watch TV along side the 7800 then you need to go to Radio Shack or equivalent in your area. You should be able to find a new RF switch box that will have a small section of coax cable on it to connect to newer more modern cable ready sets. It will also have a coax in for connecting the cable line to.

If you don't plan to watch TV and it will just be a deticated game TV. Then Radio Shack again will have for a cheaper price a coax to F- phono conversion plug. I got the gold plated one for like 2.99 I think. Anyway all I have to do is screw that onto the TV and then plug my 7800 straight to the end of it and turn to channel 3 and Viola! Atari here I come!

Also check the AtariAge page on this issue:

http://www.atariage.com/howto/connect.html

So check that out and all should be made more clear.

Enjoy and welcome back fellow Atarian!