IGNORED

Atari is finally embracing their Japanese heritage

JPF997

Just now, DrVenkman said:

I see. So just making up nonsense like “Atari’s Japanese heritage” (which doesn’t exist anywhere aside from your imagination) is better than reality. Got it. 

So you admit you’re just a bullshitter. Good to know. 

Sometimes I wonder if some of you actually play videogames, you have no creativity, no imagination, no Soul, and you use the reddit tier "uhh actually" argument unironically.

I'd love to hear your interpretations of a high fantasy story like Lord of the Rings  "omg Gandalf just created a fire ball out of thin air and killed an enemy two times his size wearing full body armor with it, that's so unrealistic, this story sucks!"

10 minutes ago, JPF997 said:

Sometimes I wonder if some of you actually play videogames, you have no creativity, no imagination, no Soul, and you use the reddit tier "uhh actually" argument unironically.

I'd love to hear your interpretations of a high fantasy story like Lord of the Rings  "omg Gandalf just created a fire ball out of thin air and killed an enemy two times his size wearing full body armor with it, that's so unrealistic, this story sucks!"

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JPF997 said:

Pretty cool article you got  there fellow redditor, I'm guessing we're going to debunk the origin myths of Greece and Rome next right ? 

Greece and Rome are real, but they don't have Japanese origins either.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, JPF997 said:

I know what's said in the book,  I  just think  that putting so much  emphasis on the rather mundane real origins of the Fuji  logo's creation takes  all the fun and  mystic away from it. 

So we are not supposed to use facts to dispute your opinions because they don't fit the narrative.  Got it.

2 hours ago, CapitanClassic said:

You understand that SeanBaby/AVGN are characters. I'm pretty sure SeanBaby has fond memories of 2600 games (about the correct age, 48), and i know James Rolfe does for NES (44).

What's wrong with making fun of a company or it's games? People are responsible for their own feelings, and shouldn't get upset if people trash/make fun of the things they create.

I would say that the vast majority of Atari 2600 games are trash, when compared to 16-bit generation. If you took a random 2600 vs random SNES/Genesis/TG-16 game and sat down a random person, i would bet that 80% of the time that person would prefer to play the 16-bit game.

1. You understand that I'm criticizing the character, not the person.
2. Nothing wrong, but beating dead horses is way too easy. For both the writer and his readers. It demands no critical thinking, and when you apply that kind of humor to creative content like games, you're just making fun of other peoples' misery. Which doubles as being easy AND lame.
3. Yes, because playing old games is difficult. Just as listening to old music or watching old films. One needs to be educated in order to enjoy these things, they need to understand the design philosophies of the old times to get them. If we had ten Jeremy Parishs for each AVGN, instead of the opposite, believe me, these people from your example would accept the games from the Atari era way better.

Edited by MateusSolo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JPF997 said:

So basically you think your “creativity,” imagination” and “Soul” matter more than reality. You actually are just making up stuff, and - “unironically” - you admit to being a bullshitter. 

You don’t often see this level of outright absurdity on AtariAge so congratulations I guess?

• Haha 1