IGNORED

Intellivision mapping on Xbox controller diagrams

donjn

Those Intellivision to USB adapters are really rare now. For those of us using emulation or even Mister FPGA I created this for mapping and to have it up while you are playing. I will make more and post them in this thread.

So far Ive been lucky. "Hit" for Las Vegas Poker and Blackjack and "Attack" for Treasure of Tarmin are both left trigger, which is a great action button. These pictures are nice to have open when playing.

I might make more.

main.png

PB.png

tot.png

Edited by donjn

3 hours ago, donjn said:

Those Intellivision to USB adapters are really rare now. For those of us using emulation or even Mister FPGA I created this for mapping and to have it up while you are playing. I will make more and post them in this thread.

So far Ive been lucky. "Hit" for Las Vegas Poker and Blackjack and "Attack" for Treasure of Tarmin are both left trigger, which is a great action button. These pictures are nice to have open when playing.

I might make more.

You can get USB adapters here.

https://www.retronicdesign.com/en/store/

-----------

Do the analog diagonals map to KP1, KP3, KP7, KP9?

Edited by mr_me

38 minutes ago, donjn said:

I used Mister FPGA and heard they arent working with that.

If you're talking about the Retronic USB adapter, the mapping procedure is probably failing because of the extra eight buttons representing the controler data bits. The Retronic firnware has this feature to support direct data feed to the emulator, supported by the Jzintv emulator. Otherwise it looks like multiple buttons are being pressed, and mapping might not work with certain emulators.

A couple of solutions. If the emulator controller mapping is stored in an editable file, then the mapping can be done there, ignoring the extra buttons.

The other option is to modify the firmware and remove the extra buttons. You can explain the situation to the Retronic guy and he'll probably do it. Or, since the Retronic source files are shared, someone could do it themselves.

2 minutes ago, mr_me said:

If you're talking about the Retronic USB adapter, the mapping procedure is probably failing because of the extra eight buttons representing the controler data bits. The Retronic firnware has this feature to support direct data feed to the emulator, supported by the Jzintv emulator. Otherwise it looks like multiple buttons are being pressed, and mapping might not work with certain emulators.

A couple of solutions. If the emulator controller mapping is stored in an editable file, then the mapping can be done there, ignoring the extra buttons.

The other option is to modify the firmware and remove the extra buttons. You can explain the situation to the Retronic guy and he'll probably do it. Or, since the Retronic source files are shared, someone could do it themselves.

Good info.

Is this because of the 16 directions?
So I will lose 16 directions but gain the use of Mister FPGA via 8 directions?

3 minutes ago, donjn said:

Good info.

Is this because of the 16 directions?
So I will lose 16 directions but gain the use of Mister FPGA via 8 directions?

No, the Retronic usb sends sixteen directions as an analog stick. Whether the emulator uses the analog stick plus fifteen buttons or only the eight data bits, there are still sixteen directions.

2 minutes ago, mr_me said:

No, the Retronic usb sends sixteen directions as an analog stick. Whether the emulator uses the analog stick plus fifteen buttons or only the eight data bits, there are still sixteen directions.

Thanks, I sent a message to @Nitz1976 who made this adapter.