IGNORED

problem with the console

Alberto_G

I went to the other house to get my Atari lynx with vga. I hadn't turned it on for years but it worked great. As soon as I turned on the console, the screen was almost white. In the dark and looking at the screen from a different angle I saw the image of the game. with the vga modification however I no longer have the wheel that adjusts the brightness. Sending it to England where I had the modification done is out of the question. Not being part of Europe anymore I would pay too much in customs. Do any of you live in Italy or Europe? But above all, would you know how to repair the console? I don't have much money (bad times) but if the price is reasonable, we can come to an agreement.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Alberto_G said:

I went to the other house to get my Atari lynx with vga. I hadn't turned it on for years but it worked great. As soon as I turned on the console, the screen was almost white. In the dark and looking at the screen from a different angle I saw the image of the game. with the vga modification however I no longer have the wheel that adjusts the brightness. Sending it to England where I had the modification done is out of the question. Not being part of Europe anymore I would pay too much in customs. Do any of you live in Italy or Europe? But above all, would you know how to repair the console? I don't have much money (bad times) but if the price is reasonable, we can come to an agreement.

Do you know which screen upgrade was added to it? I'm guessing that you stated it was years ago that it might be an older McWill setup? I also think this as McWill's kits used the brightness to switch VGA On/Off back then and they didn't have any actual brightness adjustment officially. You might reach out to @McWill and see if he has any ideas on this? If I were to hazard a guess, it could be that a wire might have come loose internally that feeds signals to the new LCD.

On 10/5/2024 at 9:21 AM, Alberto_G said:

Not being part of Europe anymore I would pay too much in customs. Do any of you live in Italy or Europe?

I don't know for certain, but if you have not already done so it may be worth checking with UK and local customs as there may be a special custom declaration for repairing items as customs charges should have already been paid on it, it would be unfair to charge you again as...

1. When it come into the UK it is not being imported permanently, as it is only in the country temporarily while being repaired and 
  2. When it comes back to you is is not a new imported item