IGNORED

We want YOU to join the Lynx High Score Club! Vote in the poll for 2025!

jgkspsx

Hi all! Our 2024 season has wrapped up, but we're asking how people want the High Score Club season to run in 2025. Please take the poll here: 

I know some people don’t care about competitive play. I don’t really play to win myself. But here is my pitch: pushing yourself to do better in a game often means coming to understand how the developers wanted you to play it, which leads to appreciating games more and having more fun with them.

In my seasons with the Atari 2600, Lynx, and Jaguar HSCs and my various other HSCs, I have developed love and/or appreciation for games I never liked or even had a basic understanding of. So even if you don’t care if you win, it will help you appreciate your collection and our favorite platform a lot more, and you may even find some new favorites. Plus if you're not keeping up with the wonderful world of Lynx homebrew it's a great incentive to try stuff out!

Thanks for organizing these!

I tend to forget time and miss out on some of the months, but sometimes I get hooked on getting that highscore going. I just received a boxed copy of Xybots, I realized I didn't have a copy because of the highscore event :D

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, agradeneu said:

Can we add Assembloids and Gotcha Gun to the homebrew section? 

And RED please 🙂

We did Assembloids last year so it's too soon. Given that I didn't get last year's release Odynexus until THIS SUMMER, I am not putting any unreleased/in progress games on the list other than Microvaders which is already up for preorder.

20 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

I know some people don’t care about competitive play. I don’t really play to win myself. But here is my pitch: pushing yourself to do better in a game often means coming to understand how the developers wanted you to play it, which leads to appreciating games more and having more fun with them.

I really do enjoy striving for first place, but I think you're spot-on here.  The HSC is a fantastic way to help me dig in to the Lynx's library, "discovering" new games and finally getting into those games I never really spent much time on.  I love it, and it kills me that my time for gaming has been so limited in recent years.  Although at the end of the day, playtesting is even more important to me than the HSC, so when push comes to shove, that is what gets the free time that I do have. 

I voted in the poll, even though I haven't been super active in the HSC lately.  I'm hoping I have time to do more of these when the next year opens back up.

Thank you for tagging me in a few of this last year's rounds.  That got me to do a little Lynxing, and I absolutely loved it.

• Thanks 1

Well, nobody's stopping you from starting your own high score thread. Or posting scores to a site like Twin Galaxies or lvlupscore.

The "all time records" thread in the High Score Club subforum is for the High Score Club. Its purpose is to encourage people to participate in the High Score Club. The purpose of the High Score Club is, ironically, less achieving high scores than it is fostering discussion and appreciation of the Lynx library. Which is why we don't have anal documentation requirements like "real" high score sites do :) 

Thanks for the recommendation, but i dropped the idea pretty quickly when i joined the forums, actually.

I always thought starting a thread in the HSC subforum wouldn't be exactly welcome, since everything is season-limited in there.

Ironically, if i start one in the root "Atari Lynx" forum instead, i can already see the "There's the HSC subforum for that."-type replies coming in chain, which i won't have the time to deal with.

@jgkspsx To answer your last post in the poll, CSS is only 4USD on itch.io, and if it is used for the HSC, I will of course make a sale to let everyone be able to download it.
Treasure Quest is not available apart limited releases for GemTos/eJagfest but once again, I will give option to people to get it.

Edited by Fadest