IGNORED

Electrocop Fan With Free-Time Wanted!

Cybergoth

Hi there!

Since I'm already way behind my planned "one new game feature at the Epyx Shrine per month", I thought I might ask here for some help.

I'm looking for someone who wants to create the Epyx Shrine page about the Lynx game Electrocop.

Here's the page I created for Zarlor Mercenary not too long ago:

Zarlor Mercenary

Now, that's almost what I want to have for the Electrocop page. The page for Electrocop should exactly match the same style (As all Epyx Shrine pages do).

The jobs would be:

- Tracking down the Electrocop manual and transfering it into the Epyx Shrines standard manual structure

- Excessivly playing Electrocop and doing the 'Winning Strategy' section as good as necessary(!). That might range from a tips collection up to a complete walkthrough with maps.

- Possibly interviewing one or more of the creators. (I'll help tracking them down, if possible)

- Creating graphics out of screenshots, whatever are necessary, at least a big and a small GIF logo.

- Assembling tidbits for the trivia section (If there is anything)

- Researching links about the game

(If there is anything )

- Recording the ending sequence of the game. (If there is any )

The page should be done in 1-2 months.

So, is there any volunteer interested in doing the job?

Please answer right here(!) in this thread.

I'll assist where I can. It's a lot of work, I know. That's why I'm asking for assistance

Greetings,

Manuel

quote:

Originally posted by Inky:

Hmmm... I have electrocop, and I believe the manual still...

I have to think about this...

It runs very fine on the Lynx emulator "Handy", and I'm almost certain that the manual can be found online somewhere, if you fear the typing

Greetings,

Manuel

quote:

Originally posted by Albert:

I went to look at your Zarlor Mercenary page, but sadly received a 404 error instead.

Ah, silly me. I changed some big mistake I

made in the past yesterday:

It took half a year until I realised, that

my ratings actually were A-D and F

(Hey, no one ever told me!)

So, last night I finally changed everything

to A-D and E. Works fine within the Shrine,

but external links are broken now.

Here, this one should do:

Zarlor Mercenary

Greetings,

Manuel

• 9 months later...

Eric, I was going to fire up my scanner and make some JPG's and email them to you but now my scanner is on the blink. I would be happy to fax these to you (or anyone that would volunteer to scan and email them to Eric or post them in the forum themselves). I dont have any hosting space so if you can find a spot for them and post the link, that would be great. They are very well done and give a complete Electrcop walkthrough map (spoiler) for every level in the game including all power ups, weapons, doors, door codes, and exits. I originally downloaded them years ago from a dialup BBS called Star-Linx BBS, so they deserve the credit, if they are still around.

I also found an extensive set of hints and walkthroughs for Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure as well. I would be willing to fax those to any volunteer willing to post them as well.

If interested, drop me an email with your fax number.

Michael