IGNORED

Update - Rotary Controllers

Tyrant

I was going to put a couple of rotaries up on ebay, but then I thought "why bother?" Recently demand for them has been dropping off, so Im just going to sell the last few (of this batch) directly at a fixed price of £50 gbp, plus £5 postage (worldwide). I dont think I need to do the full sales pitch as I think most people here know enough about them already, but if anyone has any questions, do speak up and I'll post everything again, or have a search on these forums and you'll find lots of info and reviews.

Drop me a pm if you'd like one, I've only got a few left (not sure exactly how many), so if lots of ppl are wanting them I'll go back to the ebay way. Do pm me first before sending money please, incase they've all gone. I've still got parts to make some more if demand requires it.

post-605-1068515990_thumb.jpg

Wow, only a couple of hours later and already 3 orders. I've been upstairs and checked, and I've only got 4 ready to ship, so one more and then I'll add people to a small waiting list, no more than about 10 people or so, and get started making up another small batch of them.

Hiya Tyrant,

Ok I'll do a bit of promotion for you ;)

You can see one of these Fantastic Tyrant Rotary Controllers in action at Jagfest Micro, as I will be running the T2K Rotary competition this time! Prize for the highest score is donated by the Fantastic 16/32 systemshome of all your retro needs

That ok??

Gaztee

:twisted:

Ooh cool, how're you going to organise it? If you want to borrow the ones I took to JFUK give me a shout, they're just sitting here at the moment waiting for next year hehe. If you want to take them up to use for the tournament your more than welcome, with three of mine plus your own you could have two machines in dual mode at once :). I'd love to know how your going to run it, as you might remember, I was more than a little worn out at JFUK running arround trying to get all the players together at the right times hehe, gotta re-think it for next year. I'd love to get up to the Micro one but I doubt I'll manage.

Thanx for the plugginess too, always nice when I dont have to blow my own trumpet :P.

Wow, ok I've already had 4 orders, so I wont take any more until I've actually made up some more of these beasties (Im not going to do an ICD and take money when I dont have the goods hehe).

Im not at all sure about waiting lists, I hate the idea of them... I tell ya what tho, everyone who's interested in getting one, put a post in this thread to that effect and check "Notify me when a reply is posted". That way I can see how many people still want one, and when I've got some made up (perhaps a week or two) I'll post about it in this thread and thus you'll all get an email to that effect from the AA forum software.

If demand is really high (it has surprised me now, I thought it had lessened significantly), I'll go back to ebay, but I realised quite how much I was paying for listing fee's and there's little point since everyone is on AA anyway :).

Hello!

If demand is really high (it has surprised me now, I thought it had lessened significantly), I'll go back to ebay, but I realised quite how much I was paying for listing fee's and there's little point since everyone is on AA anyway :).

1) Not everybody is on AtariAge (and i mean "has found this place")

2) You shouldn't be surprised. People like fixed prices. Your Ebay-auctions

used to run out of control in former times, so people stayed away from the recent auctions because they expected that they would get outbid anyways.

Regards

Matthias

Hiya Mendon,

No the rotaries do not work on B2K which as is an awful shame :-( IMHO

Tyrant,

Well just gonna run a highest score with your Rotary competition. Would be far too much hassle trying to do what you did at JFUK. Hope to raise a bit of money for Charity too. As Nick H is supplying the prize then I guess he should decide the Charity too (have my own personal choice if he has no preferance).

I am only planning on running one Jag with it, but if there is a big interest then I could well need a second controller ;-) Then would have the problem which do I sacrifice? BS linked or Painter CGE???

Cheers

Gaztee

:twisted:

which do I sacrifice? BS linked or Painter CGE???

BS, obviously ;)

Not cos I hate it, but because it's only really enjoyable if you know how to play it, which would mean you have your own copy. Not all that many people have Painter, plus it's fun to pick-up-and-play, so I'd vote for that :)

Stone

[who now thinks he'll be able to get to JFmicro, yay!]

...to know how your going to run it, as you might remember, I was more than a little worn out at JFUK running arround trying to get all the players together at the right times hehe, gotta re-think it for next year. I'd love to get up to the Micro one but I doubt I'll manage

Other commitments or is it a transport problem? Whereabouts in London are you?

Tyrant,

Any interest in selling just one of the rotary encoders? From what I've heard it's much better than the 2600 driving controller I'm currently using and I'd love to swap it for a better one in my homebrew joystick. LMK the cost if you've got a spare or two.

Thanks,

-Kevin

Its a question of my rather heavy debt at the moment hehe, so a lift would be quite welcome if your offering :). Im in Islington, N1.

Oh and I've just remembered I promised you a cover piccie for MyAtari lol, and have forgotten everything about it since hehe, if I have time I'll try and have a play arround.

Selling loose encoders... hmm... I'll have a think about it, I dont have any spare at the moment however.

I'll keep making them as long as there is demand, I can get the components (mostly shrinkwrapped controllers) and as long as I have the time occasionally, which shouldnt ever be a problem.

On the other hand Im running a little low on controllers, does anyone else have a pile of them still in shrinkwrap they'd like to sell me? I'll probably head to ebay and start contacting people selling them there too, to find the cheapest price for a batch of about 30 if I can.

Its a question of my rather heavy debt at the moment hehe, so a lift would be quite welcome if your offering :). Im in Islington, N1.

OK, there is space in the car for you to join Peter West of CCC and I. Let me know soon.

Oh and I've just remembered I promised you a cover piccie for MyAtari lol, and have forgotten everything about it since hehe, if I have time I'll try and have a play arround.

I look forward to it! Speaking of cover pictures, is anyone up for doing this year's Christmas cover? Last year's cover was done by Starcat (in fact, he did both the first and last covers for 2002!) and continued the tradition of really cool festive cover designs. Only problem is lack of time, it's now mid-November and I haven't even got the November issue on-line yet, I guess I'd better stop chatting now and get on with it...

• 4 weeks later...

Okies ppl, I've got 4 more left over from JFMicro, they wont be the last of course, but they're all I've got for the moment. Price is still £50 gbp plus £5 postage, I take paypal and should easily be enough time to get them to you before christmas :). I'll probably make some more sometime soon, but not sure exactly when. Drop me a pm if you want one.