IGNORED

Latest 7800 games

7800 Man

Nope. Nothing yet. Give the community about another year or so and you may see something really good. The GATO demo should be appearing on cartridge any time now.

With all due respect to the entrepeneurs, what purpose would that serve? It isn't actually a playable game, but a couple of static screens to cycle through. I get the idea of being collectors and all, but that really doesn't have any play value at all or use.

Nope. Nothing yet. Give the community about another year or so and you may see something really good. The GATO demo should be appearing on cartridge any time now.

With all due respect to the entrepeneurs, what purpose would that serve? It isn't actually a playable game, but a couple of static screens to cycle through. I get the idea of being collectors and all, but that really doesn't have any play value at all or use.

Agreed - maybe they should release and animated gif instead of going through the hassle of putting the screenshots on a cart.

My $0.02

It's not me doing it. I have nothing to do with releasing these titles. And with all due respect to you guys, there are a lot of people out there who WOULD want to see this on a cartridge, just like Pit Fighter. There have been more requests for Pit Fighter than Sentinel. Besides, I think the version that will come out on the cartridge may be more playable than what was recently released here on AtariAge.

It's not me doing it. I have nothing to do with releasing these titles. And with all due respect to you guys, there are a lot of people out there who WOULD want to see this on a cartridge, just like Pit Fighter. There have been more requests for Pit Fighter than Sentinel. Besides, I think the version that will come out on the cartridge may be more playable than what was recently released here on AtariAge.

Fair enough. It's just my own opinion, but this trend towards releasing "vastly unfinished" prototypes is something that I fear could get out of hand and lead to some angry customers. I honestly don't see the purpose of paying for a cart only to look at pictures. To me, that's no different than looking at it on the net.

In fairness too, PIT FIGHTER (love it or hate it) has a lot more brand equity than SENTINEL. It's also at least semi-playable.

I totally agree. I know that there are two vendors working on a 7800 MultiCart right now, and there is a possibility that PitFighter and GATO would be included in those.

The problem with games like PitFighter and GATO which are essentially demos, and games like Mean18 are that not many people want to pay 39.95 for the cartridge, and understandibly so... but the 39.95 barely covers the expense to make the cartridge, and the people who purchase these carts seem to be the "lurkers" who are long-time Atari players and former programmers who don't really speak up within the Atari community, at least not all that often.

It would be most beneficial to put all this stuff on one cartridge to keep costs down.

Well,

I was one of the people who bought Elevator Action at CGE2K for the 2600 and was really PO'd when you couldnt finish the building (didnt care about difficulty)

Anyhow,

I hear if you wait a reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally long time the missing elevator appears but I prob wouldve passed on this cart if I had known that.

I still dont understand why someone would want 4 screenshots on a cartridge - Make more Klax's I say!

Just my $0.02

I totally understand about the costs but there is such an interest in new games. Even me maybe a rerelease of some hard to find titles would be nice. But how to go about it presell might be one way. That way you know the exact number of carts to make.

I know a way this new game stuff could be easier. If someone could create a Starpath Supercharger like device for the 7800. The problem with that I heard it could cost at least $100.