IGNORED

Commerical Archive

Cap5750

Possibly, but it can't hurt to ask. :) I have a ton of them already (I think) somewhere. Some I got from other websites and I know Mindfield did a flood over a year ago to one of the newsgroups.

Maybe we all just sign up for free geocities accounts (IE: www.geocities.com/atari_commerical1....etc) and link to them from here. :)

Cap

I'm all for a nice commercial archive here and bandwidth is not a problem. We have been approached before about hosting commercials, but for one reason or another never moved on it. I'd like whatever commercials we put online to be of reasonably good quality, and of course have permission from whoever digitized the commercials in the first place.

..Al

Albert,

Thanks! I've taken the liberty of sending an e-mail to Ken Love (thru here) to ask permission to use the AAR commercials.

I'll also see if I can dig out the ones on my other PC to figure out the ones with the best quality and also determine who did them. Mindfield may be able to help with this as well. A lot of the ones I have came from a flood he did on the newsgroups awhile back.

Thanks again,

Cap

Hello

Speaking of commercials there is a .RAM file of an ad entitled "Atari Jaguar CD commercial" that i found online. It is basically a compilation of clips from various commercials set to music, formed into a commercial. I recognize many of the sources used to make up the ad (Doom, AvP, Tempest), but there are also a few segments that I have never seen before.

http://mitglied.lycos.de/deomaki/theater/theater.htm

Would any person happen to know where the "buddhist", the "3-D" and the "mad scientist guy" segments are from? I have never come across those commericals...and if they were to be put up on an archive, it would be wonderful. :)

Thank you much.

Cheers!

~cQ

Just a quick little update....

I haven't heard back from anyone at Activision yet concerning their commercials including in the Anthology.

I also contacted the owner of www.cyberroach.com. I received an e-mail back from him with a couple of other questions. Hopefully, he'll allow, and we can get this off the ground! :)

Cap