IGNORED

1984 Atari Pole Position 2???

atari70s

quote:

Hey Mitch

I read earlier you were interested in my POLE POSITION 2 cart fomr 84 . are you still interested? and what othere programmers can be reached vai email

Yes, I'm still interested. Do you have a want list somewhere?

I don't know of any other programmer's web site or email at the moment but some others may have more info.

Mitch

http://atari7800.atari.org

well as of a want list i wonder what its worth but i can use many red atari label games. POLYVOX carts are always on my want list so are CCE carts for as some common items Flag Capture pic label i need i want another bomb cart ( but not a fair trade for you ) but any foreign carts for teh 2600 may interest me. maybe if you send me a trade list it might help . i also collect or the 2600,5200,7800,8 bit,jaguar,lynx so let me knwo whatyou got ( or what you can get) thanks

So Fracatalus may be almost done? Well Tom said he thought it wasn't far enough along, but he wasn't sure and said not to quote him on that (I guess he was wrong then). I'd love to see it personally.

So after speaking with the programmers, did they mention any unreleased 7800 games that we haven't heard of? There are alot of gaps in that 7800 list.

Tempest

Tempest is talking about the CX78XX numbers..

all Atari Carts had a numbering like this..and there are literally gaps between game releases...where one is released with one number..and then 3 numbers later..another game..yet, no one knows what the others in between were supposed to be.

Hard to say...

But the fact that the numbers were assigned seems to indicate that they were planned...as for the protos. Only the programmers would know for sure.

We shall just have to wait and see what Curt is able to find out.

Hey CROSS and CURT i left soem very interesting theroies in the atari 2600 page called Atari Inc full collection(somethignliek that its late here) which states there would be cx26212 as teh final cart with protos and un fishished cartrs like preppy curt man u got alotta work to anser the questions there. ok guys im off to sleep . talk to you all tomm

• 2 weeks later...

The 7800 showed that Atari had learned from its mistakes, but it was ultimately too late to make a difference.

Nevertheless the hardware was more than a match for the NES 2 years later when it went head-to-head, even though a post-Warner era meant a dearth of support for the console.

I got one of the original 7800s that mentioned the keyboard and was pretty pissed that it never came out. I was "The Graduate" all over again.

• 6 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...