IGNORED

I got Myst (box and sealed), one problem

Htbaa

Hey all. I got Myst (in it's box and sealed) but I don't have a jaguar cd :P. I'm currently bidding on one though and it has myst included also. So if I win, I don't need to open this one I got now. But if I fail to get one, can I play it on the PC with some emu? Or someone should have a nice offer for me :P.

Yep MYST is the cheapest CD game around mostly between $1.00 - $3.99

I have many jag games, but I don't care if they are sealed or not. The only thing I like is to have the games complete but then with good looking boxes.

MYST doesn't work on the pc because the jag has his own not standard CD format.

TXG/MNX

Im not sure how far along the emu's have come. In theory an emu should be able to play it, but none of them are complete yet, and I dont know if they've even tried to emulate butch and the JagCD yet. If they have, its likely you'll have to use a windows cd burning program to make an iso type image of the disk before you can play it, as Im not sure how easily windows will let an emu read the cd, because as people have said, its a very non standard format. On the other hand, it looks just like audio data to windoze, so it should in theory be possible for an emu developer to get his emu to read the cd hardware directly, but dont quote me on that :).

In short, I dont know if any of the emu's can do it yet, but they should all be able to play myst eventually, even if you have to make an image of the disk on your hard drive first.

if you have a saturn, myst is very cheep on that, and probably better gfx.

Myst is IDENTICAL on all the consoles of the day: 3DO, Saturn, PSX, Jaguar. The ONLY thing the Saturn can do better than the Jaguar is polygons, and with a good margin, but again, not overwhelming.