IGNORED

Jag Encryption - where found?

tyranthraxus

Vault? Well its protected like a vault with the main house alarm and a seperate alarm just on the Atari Museum office....

Here is a peak inside my office, this just small peak at one side of the office, I have several more book shelves, plus wide filing cabinets filled to brim with internal folders, documents, memo's, schematics, marketing materials, a massive library of diskettes.

p1010048.jpg

p1010046.jpg

p1010044.jpg

Curt

[/img]

Why do you make another topic for this? Check out http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37617

Because that thread made no mention of where the missing software

was found. It just announced its finding. I'm always interested in the

stories of how and where various lost software is found. I like hearing

about peoples finds.

Curt you have quite possibly one of the finest displays of ANY collection

I have seen. A lot of people have a good horde of stuff yours is displayed

qutie impressively! That computer demo center :o

So you had aquired the disks earlier and just finally got a hand in where

& what to look for?

John

So you had aquired the disks earlier and just finally got a hand in where

& what to look for?

Hmm, makes me wonder what unbelievable find is next/in store for the future. I don't think I could've bought a huge portion of Atari at it's collapse and have all that secret and lost stuff waiting to be discovered.

I'd probably go nuts :P

Curt,

Fantastic, as the guys already said, you're Mr. Atari in all but name.

Vault?   Well its protected like a vault with the main house alarm and a seperate alarm just on the Atari Museum office....

Here is a peak inside my office, this just small peak at one side of the office, I have several more book shelves, plus wide filing cabinets filled to brim with internal folders, documents, memo's, schematics, marketing materials, a massive library of diskettes.

You folk in the USA have such huge houses! My study is a just a little room and my wife already complains about all the junk I have, and by English standards our house isn't small, so even if cash was free, I'm limited.

You know I heard the other day that the UK is 4 times more crowded than Germany, and 8 times more crowded than France. I forget the figure for the USA, but in view of the massive land mass, it must have been significant... I'm over in Holland right now, I guess Holland is just as crowded as England though... but it has a really small population though.

I like to have 2 of my most intellectually valuable stuff. Crazy I know. I then keep one in England, and one here in Holland. Software. Jaguars. Documents. Data. I back up to CD, and to ZIP disks, and put my most vital paper documents in a bank vault, and I've just started to photograph all my key documents and objects and put them on a secure Internet site, without web-access, as an archive... but you know now I realise I've got some email I really want access to, on a CD I can't read except from OS/2, using some specific software. So most email from <1995 is mislaid, along with some useful documents and source code I really want again.

Huh! I don't even want to think about the integrity of my tape backups for all my Prestel email dating back to 1982. :-) Or my Spectrum source code for the commercial projects I had published! No, I'm joking. Mostly. :-)

I'd be really anxious about the uniqueness of that stuff. I'm really glad that key lasted the course, floppies go bad so easily! There was a major public project in the UK in the 1980s, which wrote lots of information to optical disk, "for posterity", as a digital time capsule, to celebrate the Domesday Book of 1085. For years, it seemed the data was unreadable now, after just a few years...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/2534391.stm

Now if only we knew what happened to that "lost" Soul Star CD proto.

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean I won't lose all my data. ;-)

Anybody else out there really worry about our digital archaeology?

Cheers,

JustClaws.