IGNORED

the ''New'' Atari inc.

Nall3k

Not to mention Neverwinter Nights. Splashdown was okay, too. I dunno. I don't think they're doing any better or worse with the Atari name than they did with Infogrames -- they're just using the Atari recognition to help sell their games.

Oh. And they gave the Fuji a bellbottom. Those bastards!

I consider them the "real" Atari. After all, Atari has changed hands so many times through the years that anything after Bushnell sold it could theoretically be considered bunk.

I prefer to be optimistic in this... besides, it's nice to see Atari written on new games for a change.

--Zero

They are the real atari, but I couldn't work for them I know nothing of programming and enough about atari I'd probably just piss people off LOL.

I do hope this is a good thing for atari, maybe they'll stick around for awhile this time instead of trading hands a few dozen more times.

As for them making new games, didn't Hasbro sell off most of Atari's properties instead of using them? Infogrames may not be able to do the old atari games anymore.

Do you guys think Atari is back? If you could get a job there would you? explain...

If I could get myself a job there, I would. It would be nice to be part of Atari even if it is a pale imitation of the original. I could say to people that I worked at Atari at one point in my life.

I hope that they do well. My greatest dread is that they will do too well and then Microsoft buys them out. At that point, I think Atari would be dead for all time.

Microsoft could and would buy out Atari. the question is... would Atari want to sell to Microsoft? more over would Microsoft ever do anything with Atari? maybe it could be a good thing, maybe if Microsotf bought atari we would get better games built into windows!!!!

All I said that Microsoft does not have the guts to buy atari, I did not say that it might not be a good idea.

Microsoft could and would buy out Atari. the question is... would Atari want to sell to Microsoft? more over would Microsoft ever do anything with Atari? maybe it could be a good thing, maybe if Microsotf bought atari we would get better games built into windows!!!!

Microsoft needs to buy out AOL and die. Other than that, there are no benefits to them buying out anyone.