IGNORED

I feel ashamed of myself

spongebue

Last summer I was VERY lucky and got a top loading NES for $5 at a thrift store. I was excited, not only because of its value, but I could play NES games flawlessly (my mom doesn't let me buy things to sell on ebay anyway) now, I have barely played the thing since. After the first week of having it I only played it about 15 times. I really should start to give it the loving it deserves, and maybe apoligize to it with an AV mod and a power LED.

Has this or something similar happened to anybody?

In all honesty, yes things like this have happened to me. I find a system for a dirt cheap price, take it home, play it about a dozen times, and then have second thoughts about it (takes up room, other gamers would get more use out of it, etc).

I have a select bunch of systems that I will never get rid of (my various Atari consoles, for starters) but the rest usually fail to hold my attention. I'd say give the NES a chance....they're beginning to get harder to find at good prices, and at the very least, it's a historical piece. Keep it, buy some games, and give it a month or two before deciding what you want to do with it.

This is where ebay comes in handy. Buy a system (SMS, NES etc.) get all the fun you're likely to have out of it and sell it with a well crafted auction for (usually) more than you payed in the first place.

Use money to squander on next console :)

One day I'll buy a system and actually keep it. It'll probably be the mighty Vectrex.

Last summer I was VERY lucky and got a top loading NES for $5 at a thrift store.  I was excited, not only because of its value, but I could play NES games flawlessly (my mom doesn't let me buy things to sell on ebay anyway) now, I have barely played the thing since.  After the first week of having it I only played it about 15 times.  

Do you have another NES you play more? Or do you just not enjoy playing NES period? If you just aren't having fun playing NES games, I'd question what your NES library contains. There are some very fun games for the system.

Yes, I have had a similar experience. The biggest was probably with a Fairchild Channel F. I found it at a thrift store and it was boxed and everything. I took it home, played it a couple times, thought the games REALLY sucked, and sold it on eBay.

Last summer I was VERY lucky and got a top loading NES for $5 at a thrift store.  I was excited, not only because of its value, but I could play NES games flawlessly (my mom doesn't let me buy things to sell on ebay anyway) now, I have barely played the thing since.  After the first week of having it I only played it about 15 times.  

Do you have another NES you play more? Or do you just not enjoy playing NES period? If you just aren't having fun playing NES games, I'd question what your NES library contains. There are some very fun games for the system.

Yes, I have had a similar experience. The biggest was probably with a Fairchild Channel F. I found it at a thrift store and it was boxed and everything. I took it home, played it a couple times, thought the games REALLY sucked, and sold it on eBay.

I just haven't played the NES much at all lately, but that is changing. I have been playing Mike Tyson's boxing, and It is great. I should start playing NES open as well soon.

I have a top loader sitting in the closet now, because I have a modded toaster deck with a better picture. If I was practical I'd sell it off, but because I spent so much money to get it on ePay in the first place I feel way too attached to it. Besides, I always have a spare if the toaster goes out.