IGNORED

Hot Wheels?

Mock

Oh God, please don't start me down this road. It's bad enough that at 29 I have become completely re-obsessed with my 8-year-old obsession (Atari). Don't suck me back into my 5-year-old obsession!!!

:D

Hey, I just remembered my parents have a box of my old Hot Wheels in the basement... maybe I'll check 'em out next week when I go home for Thanksgiving...

:ponder:

NOOOO!!!!!

Stay far away Room 34. Hot Wheels collectors are insane. At least the guys that are into the new stuff and getting the Treasure Hunt cars. Sitting outside Target early in the morning then pushing and shoving, stampeding their way to the toy section the instant the doors are unlocked. My brother-in-law (who is one of those insane Star Wars collectors) once saw a Hot Wheels collector reach out and crush the blister pack of a Treasure Hunt car some kid was holding so it would no longer be "mint on card."

I'm a retiring Die-Castaholic myself. I used to collect, but now I only pick something up if it looks cool or it's a really good price. I don't really go out of my way for it anymore. Of course it's just been replaced with Atari, but that's got nostalgia, the thrill of the hunt, the satisfaction of having something tangible, and entertainment all rolled into one.

Sorry Mock, not trying to hi-jack your thread. A year and a half ago I'd probably have been all over something like this. It's a cool hobby, I just ran out of room for more stuff. :)

Mock, let me know when you do.

My brother is big-time Hot Wheels collector but he doesn't push and shove little kids to get to them...he trades with other collectors around here.

He's got complete sets from several years. He might end up asking me to EBay them so I dunno.

What do you have anyway? A lot of older VW hot wheels?