IGNORED

4-Player Games

Redcurrie

You mean there are actually 4 working 5200 joysticks in existence???

Yeah, that's why they switched to the two port system, wasn't it? Nobody ever wrote any four player games, because at any given time, there were only three working 5200 joysticks at Atari, so they eventually just took two ports out. Besides, no one person could ever get ahold of four working joysticks at once. The simple act of bringing a fourth one into the house would throw off the balance of pressure in the other three, and cause at least one to develop a faulty start button or a broken fire button.

Ian Primus

ian_primus@yahoo.com

After I get my sticks put together, I plan on (trying to) get four people together just to play Combat II, Man, that game is just so cool, though the most useful feature in it to me is the one playered game with an AI opponant. Maybe a simple version would eventually be ported to the 2600? You'd loose the cool backdrops, but get the game out to a lot more people, though no four player support, unless you had a cart with two built in controller ports.