IGNORED

MasterControl 5200 status?

NoahsMyBro

Clay,

What ever happened to the awesome sounding adapter you planned on producing?

(It should be noted that I detest the word awesome and it's overuse, but it is definitely the right word in this case!)

I've been hoping I could get one ever since then, alternatingly wishing it would come out already, and hoping it doesn't come out quite yet as I'm not ready to lay out the cash.

A status report would at least give my overactive mind something to work with.

Thanks,

Steve

• 2 months later...

he snoozed he loozed :)

people are comming out with other 5200 controller alternatives

i know he would have had my $85 for that controller, but that was over a year ago, and im not gonna sit on $85 for that long

if he came out with it now, i wouldnt buy it

• 4 weeks later...
Clay,

What ever happened to the awesome sounding adapter you planned on producing?  

(It should be noted that I detest the word awesome and it's overuse, but it is definitely the right word in this case!)

Well, I brought out the Vectrex one (www.multigame.com/psx2vect.html) and have been selling those for a while now (they're much easier to make than the 5200 version). I did a bunch of stuff on the Vectrex ones that I'd want to put on the 5200 version (programmable buttons, digital centering for the analog sticks, different control mappings), but alas my time is short... (Basically I'm involved with a bunch of other projects and contracting that are all much more lucrative than the 5200 controller thing would be, so I have to put my time where they $$$ are now...)

I showed a pre-production unit at CGE last year, but at the rate I'm going it'll probably be CGE this year before I have any ready to sell!

-Clay

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I showed a pre-production unit at CGE last year, but at the rate I'm going it'll probably be CGE this year before I have any ready to sell!  

-Clay

That sounds fine Clay.

I hope to see you at CGE, in San Jose this year!

purenergy

CGE isn't in Las Vegas this year? That's a bummer :(

i take that back he didnt snooze and lose, he went onto another cool device :D

and ive been thinking of dumping my entire 5200 collection anyway, as it never gets played, maybe someone else will enjoy it :)

Well, I brought out the Vectrex one (www.multigame.com/psx2vect.html) and have been selling those for a while now (they're much easier to make than the 5200 version).  I did a bunch of stuff on the Vectrex ones that I'd want to put on the 5200 version (programmable buttons, digital centering for the analog sticks, different control mappings), but alas my time is short...  (Basically I'm involved with a bunch of other projects and contracting that are all much more lucrative than the 5200 controller thing would be, so I have to put my time where they $$$ are now...)  

-Clay