IGNORED

where to get a falcon

thund3r

HDS102     COMPUTER FALCON 4 MEG/80HD RECON 850.00 LIKE NEW

HDS103     COMPUTER FALCON 14 MEG/80HD RECON 999.00 LIKE NEW

Shit that some high prices!  :P

Yes. Precisely why I'm waiting and hoping for a better price (wishful thinking...I know!). For $999, one could practically buy a complete new PC or Mac system comparatively speaking. :|

HDS102     COMPUTER FALCON 4 MEG/80HD RECON 850.00 LIKE NEW

HDS103     COMPUTER FALCON 14 MEG/80HD RECON 999.00 LIKE NEW

Shit that some high prices!  :P

Yea... I understand they are hard to come by but that's just stright bullshit. (No knocks against the people who are selling them)

but if you want to sell them for a price slightly higher then the eBay

market then I would suggest going to $599 or even $499 (which still seems a bit ridiculous for such a system) It's like their friggin prototypes or something ;)

The last -high priced- Falcon I seen on eBay had the following:

14MB

8.4GB HD

NE2000 Network Box (for DSL/Cable Net Surfing)

CD-ROM Drive

some misc. software...

and it went for like $625.

Prices for one overseas is good, but then you have to deal with the language issues (or can that easily be fixed) and the power supplies (get a cheap converter) oh, then there's shipping! ;)

I paid $600 for my very first Falcon back in 1999, but it was souped up a bit. Had Blowup FX 3 and the 40/40Mhz clock mod with an external HD.

Sold it because it had issues with the left joypad inputs, should've kept it now thinking about it but needed the money (which is always the case why sell things)

My 2nd Falcon I paid $250 for, it had CT2 (which never EVER worked right) and was sitting at 32MB Fast Ram. (nothing else, but it was nicely boxed)

My 3rd Falcon I got from a guy who works at Bell & Howell.

Good little computer, I think I paid $150 for it but it only had 4MB RAM

and no H.D. (and I traded with Sauron on this one, you better get that thing up and running with a H.D. Buddy! ;)

My last Falcon (the one I own now) is cosmetically in excellent condition.

It still needs worked out tho... (Tos 4.02) and it seems to have some issues because of it. That and it's a friggin small H.D. 63MB but 14MB RAM. I have a 4x4x24 CD-RW and hope to add a 2gb+ (external) to it soon. Has a 68882 as well. Decent but has it's quircks which I should soon map out over the next 3 months. I plan on keeping this Falcon!

Future Falcons?:

I hope to get a C-Lab Falcon that is maxed out (the one in the same style case) then maybe another Blowup FX 1, 2 or 3 tweaked Falcon (because

looking back at that now, I actually kinda liked the setup and screen size... the speed would be perfect for surfing the net and stuff alike)

anyways... :)

Adrian,

I got one ahead of you at the moment and that's Gunstar!

I know he's been wanting a Falcon for ages and promised to try and get

him one for a good price! Anything after that, I'll shoot you an e-mail! :)

Thanks. I'm definitely interested in one and I'd purchase it outright when/if you can find it, so no worries about me backing out, etc. I'll wait in the meantime and if I do somehow find one for a good deal in the meantime, I promise to update you.

Just keep checking ebay and try to snipe a bid! Thats what I did. This summer I got a Falcon030, 4MB, 60MB HD, mouse for like $320. Not too bad, and the unit is in excellent cosmetic and working order! I ended up installing a 8GB 2.5" HD, 68882 FPU and getting a RGB and VGA adaptor and a New Manual for it. It also has TOS 4.02, would like to get the 14MB RAM board and a more recent TOS installed. It seems pretty nice, but not a lot of software for it and I hardly use it. BUT I am a Atari Collector so I am hanging on to this one!

AND I *just* got a TT030 for $50! I had always wanted either the Mega STe or the TT and it fell into my lap! A guy from Seattle posted it on usenet and wanted a local puckup only. It came with 4MB ST, 16MB TT, 500MB SCSI HD, 720k floppy, TOS 3.06, keyboard and 19" TT High Monitor!!! Though I promply got a NEW case top and KB from Best and she looks NEW now!! ;)

I currently have in my collection: 520ST, 520STm, 520STfm, 1040STf, 1040STe, 4160STe along with the above two. Also have SC1224 (three different versions!), SC1438, SM124, SH204, SF354 (2), and SF314 (4).

I also have a whole Atari 8-bit collection too! ;)

tjlazah,

That's cool about the TT030... I know I'm trying to obtain one from a buddy locally for about $100.... we had talked about it over the summer

but I just never got it (side tracked, not sidetalkin ;)

I'm in the same boat with you on the TOS 4.02.... lemme know if you find

a good source for the 4.04 or even 4.92 at a reasonable price!

You say you dont use the Falcon much (neither do I really, no time to)

but you have played Superfly on it yes? How about Killing Impact?

I would like to get me a 1040STe and a 4160STe (with the label too!) :)

You should send a pic of your Falcon setup to me at adistortions@sbcglobal.net if you want... (I'm trying to compile a user photo showcase with specs :)

3 and going :)

Clint Thompson