IGNORED

Space War 2000 is being published (sort of)

Gunstar

This is for those who may not frequent Jaguar Interactive II and may have not already heard. B&C computervisions announced the release of SpaceWar 2000 at CGE. They had 5 copies on hand that promtly sold out and are currently taking pre-orders on their website. This is to be a limited run as parts are limited so hurry! The game is not complete, and is said to lock-up on occasion, but it is playable and even has 2-player split screen mode (assuming that part is completed). It is also only going to be the bare board without a case, box or instructuions. It is priced at $60.00 plus shipping. Order are taken via PayPal. This is an opportunity for many who have been unable to obtain a copy of Battlesphere to play a space combat game on the Jag. It is said to be a good game that got rave reviews at the show. It's a fully texturemapped game with multiple views and great special effects. I ordered a copy today and was put on the waiting list...

Supposedly as soon as more parts can be obtained (and time to assemble them). The question is where are these parts coming from? I mean, B&C ARE one of the main sources of Atari parts next to Best E., so I imagine they'll be coming from Best E.? This is purely speculation, but I imagine that BEST and B&C are the two main sources that bought up all the Atari stuff from Atari, or Hasbro. I suppose GoAtari, Telegames and VGL might have bought stuff. Infogrames says theys still have a wharehouse full of Atari overstock still, but don't know when they'll "get around to getting around to it" was the basic jist of what they implied. Hopelfully this is just a matter of a few days or weeks and not months or more, but it's not like I don't have the patience, Atari fans have had to learn patatience if they wanted to stay fans...