IGNORED

" 18 arcade games!! Lost with seconds to go!! :(

RIVER

What do you think about these games, are any of them real good to have if they can be fixed, what are they really worth in this condition, I live only 2 hours from him so could easily pick them up and I have storage room for them. I know 3 different guys that work at King coin, a-1 amusement and someone else that all fix and repair arcades so I might be able to get a break there, would you do it, is it worth it for these games, please help me decide!! :? YES OR NO

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...gory=13716&rd=1

Yes. I saw those games the other night on ebay. I only ran into a two b/w games for sale in my lifetime at a thrift store. One worked and the other had a monitor problem. I decided not to pick them up since I didn't relaly care for the game play. I did notice both had sechmatics inside them. Got to love older eletronics. The big part Iw oudl worry about is the monitor. I had a friend I talked to that had an older monitor. Not one of the newer standard ones or still being produced. So he was looking at an arm & leg for a used one. He even took the time to contact the company who mfg the monitor just to be told it was a limited usage product.

Later..

Well, if the price stays at 200 dollars, it's a steal (if only for the wood and power supplies). If it goes up then it becomes a little bit more difficult. Keep in mind that you are paying for unknown quality. They might all be broken beyond repair (though these boards are rather simple to fix when you have the schematics). Maybe you could check the Mame most wanted list, to see if they have any interest in one or two machines?

For some reason or another, I cant get the link open.

You can use just one of the color guns in a Color monitor on a B&W game, and they mount the same way. You would have to use an isolation transformer, because most of the older games did that onboard the monitor.

I'll give my .25 when I can get to a computer that does not suck.

Cassidy

Dude,

I would jump on that like stink on poop. Those monitors and boards are worth that. Too far for me to go. Just an FYI, the B&W's I buy are usually 100-200 each, and they are almost never working. Cosmetics are more important on those. Simple enough to fix everything else.

Warlords, and Gran Trak are worth 3 times the bids right now.

If you get it, and trash the LeMans, I could use the board.....:)

Cassidy

I'd bid all over that, even though it would completly fill my apartment!

For me warlords and super breakout catch my eye. There is enough

there you should be able to scrounge parts to get some of those working

and you've already got some leads on the repair angle. At the very worst

the cabinets would be worth a few bucks to an arcade dealer. You could

at least use one for a MAME project at home.

Well Im a little upset, the high bid was $202.50 with 50 seconds to go so I placed my bid up to $303.99 hopeing that if he had bid higher it was only to $300.00, and I was right I became the high bidder with 30 seconds left, and I was celebrating and hit refresh once more to make sure no one was going to snipe me and with 20 seconds left I was still the high bidder, started getting real happy and man I was proud to own such cool games!!! Then --- devestation---panic---and then the celebration stoped and so did my heart as I hit refresh one last time and when the screen loaded there were 7 seconds left and I was out bid, I frantically tryed placing one last bid up to $400 with no success I had lost, and I had allready had a truck on hold and was allready to leave tommorrow with my dad to go pick them up. well Im depressed now and need to go cry and break something I will talk to everyone later if I can heal this great wound in my heart.! :x :sad: :_(