IGNORED

Sore thumb

Joe C.

I was reading one of my old magazines the other day, and they had an ad selling this thing that was basically a "hood" for your thumb... it looked like it was about maybe 3-4mm thick, and was simply the thumb cut off of a glove. I thought it was the stupidest thing I've ever seen... I'd love to scan it in, but I'm fairly certain my scanner doesn't work anymore :(

However, if you've having real problems, you might want to consider wearing an actual glove on that hand. Nothing too thick, otherwise you wouldn't be able to play properly. Perhaps a golf glove would work well?

--Zero

This may be a dumb idea, but how about just wrapping your thumb with tape or a band-aid? I used to wrap my fingers with electrical tape (just because it was handy and cheap) before a multi-hour drumming session and it always kept me from getting blisters.

(Of course, if an NES Max would work for you, I used to quite like the "cycloid" instead of a D-pad...mine are just too worn out to use now.)

Just some thoughts.

I often tape up my fingers before playing hockey, and it always keeps me from getting blisters. Depends on what type of tape you use though... masking tape probably wouldn't work very well, and scotch tape might just slide off if you get really into a game. The stuff I use when playing hockey is actually "sock tape" that hockey players use to keep their socks up (It's basically scotch tape, except thicker)... but I still have to wrap my thumb up pretty good to keep it from coming off.

I don't see how that fingerless glove would help much. You're still tearing up your thumb on the D-pad. At the very least, that glove will prevent you from stabbing yourself with the sharp corners of a NES controller at least :roll:

--Zero

I don't see how that fingerless glove would help much. You're still tearing up your thumb on the D-pad. At the very least, that glove will prevent you from stabbing yourself with the sharp corners of a NES controller at least :roll:

--Zero

Yeah,I was just messin' :roll: :D

If you've never had Nintendo thumb, you've never spent any length of time playing original NES.
I've spent a VERY long amount of time on an NES and never had any problems.

This may be due to my near-exclusive use of the Advantage joystick, but that's beside the point.

--Zero

Yeah,I was just messin' :roll: :D

:) I got cha.

Well.

Words escape me...

[Quick thinking]

HEY! MAYBE I HAVE ONE OF THOSE ULTRA RARE VERSIONS WITH THE TYPO!!! YEAH!!!

Damn.. :ponder:  

You ever have one of those days?? Every day?

I am the physical incarnation of that day.
I seriouslt read that as "Milton". I never EVER heard the name "Milon". Who names someone "Milon"? :ponder:

Is that like Castles of DR Creep for C64? I loved that game...

Anyhow, you're just pushing to hard, after a few days of soor thumb, it should toughen up though. But you could try taking the controller appart and cleaning it. It allows the buttons to work with a softer touch than the old dirty controller does.